iTunes Video with Theater Package?

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
LateralG
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35
2001 Infiniti QX4 (Auctioned and SOLD!)
2009 BMW 335i

I'm still trying to figure out all of the tech on the new JX. Maybe someone with a QX56 might be able to answer this question (admin: cross-post maybe?) I can get my iPhone 4Gs iTunes music to play via bluetooth no problem. Then I tried to play an iTunes movie with bluetooth - no dice. I tried again by plugging my white iPhone/iPad cable into the USB input in the front console. My iPhone shows that it's connected but when I cycle through the inputs on JX touchscreen no video comes up on the rear displays or over the speakers. Is it even possible to play these videos? And if not with the iPhone/iPad usb cable than with what? I don't have any videos on a thumbdrive and I'm not sure that I move iTunes movies onto that kind of device and make that work either.

Obviously I'm confused!

TIA for the help - the happiness of my children and my sanity on an upcoming 6-hour roadie are depending on it!

marctronixx

ive a 2012 qx56 all options included and you can not play apple itunes videos on the device. no doubt due to apple locking their OS up so tight and are so afraid of piracy (by locking up their walled garden so tight, it PROMOTES piracy imo)..

in the qx manual it states apples vids will not play via the usb. i would wager this is the same for the jx.

LateralG
2009 BMW 335i

Have you tried a RWY RCA iPod cable? Any idea if that would work?
http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-IPAV3-Sne ... B006OBXLMI

marctronixx

that should work for the AUX in port for sure.

LateralG
2009 BMW 335i

And it did! I just made a call to our Infiniti Personal Assistant (how cool is that by the way!?) and asked them to locate that adapter at a local Best Buy for me. They called me back 5 minutes later telling me which store had the adapter and that they asked the manager to put it on hold for me at their customer service desk. Picked it up - plugged it in - video is playing. Gotta love that!

marctronixx

that is awesome! i should try that personal assistan thingy too.. glad it worked out for you... :)

Sinecure

LOL. I was just talking with a guy who works for Apple and bought a new JX this weekend. Both he and his kid were telling me that you can't play iTunes movies on your iPhone through the JX Theatre stuff because of Apple's DRM. He'll be happy to know about that connector option. Oh, and awesome use of Infiniti Personal Assistant for finding you the piece at BB.

Best part of my conversation with the apple guy was this (I didn't know he worked there when I first met him):

Me to him while he's talking on his iPhone: Do you work for Apple?
Him: Yes, how did you know?
Me: Your iPhone appears to be an iPhone 5 (it had a different, smaller port on the bottom and different speaker grill)
Him: Oh, no, this is a normal one (as phone goes back into his pocket faster than you can say Steve Jobs).
I laughed.

LateralG
2009 BMW 335i

Gotta love having a personal assistant. And as for the iPhone5... pix or it didn't happen ;-)

Sinecure

LateralG wrote:Gotta love having a personal assistant. And as for the iPhone5... pix or it didn't happen ;-)
I'm pretty sure that if I'd taken pics of it, I wouldn't have a customer. :nono:

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

I have several movies and videos on my iPhone, and they play perfectly on the screens using the AUX ports. I have a 4s and am using a Scosche cable I purchased from Best Buy.

kado1976

LateralG wrote:And it did! I just made a call to our Infiniti Personal Assistant (how cool is that by the way!?) and asked them to locate that adapter at a local Best Buy for me. They called me back 5 minutes later telling me which store had the adapter and that they asked the manager to put it on hold for me at their customer service desk. Picked it up - plugged it in - video is playing. Gotta love that!

What was the cable?

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”