Its Here!!!!

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
Super Dave

Hey everyone.......my G35 Coupe that i have had on order is here. I will be picking it up at the dealer tomorrow night. I have been jumping around the house for te last half an hour.

I also got a great job offer today, and I plan on accepting that tomorrow in the morning. Anyway, just wanted to let you all know. Wish me luck on financing.

juiceman

I remember that feeling.

Enjoy the high! Great job and a great car!

Just remember to tone down the excitement and keep to the break in period. Then have some delayed fun

Super Dave

Great.......it's 3:56 and I woke up and can't go back to sleep. Is it wrong to feel this way about a car? I sure hope not cuz I do.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Congratulations!

You will find yourself getting up in the middle of teh night just to sit in the car at times!

Fred..:)

juiceman

Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!

before I go to bed, I check the doors, give the kids a kiss goodnight and then go to the garage to make sure the garage door is closed and the car is ok. Love to see the lights shine on the hood and fender.

I know why my wife got me the car. She doesn't like to run around alot and my kids all have activities. Now I just take them automatically. Anything to get to drive the car more.

Although I no longer wake up the day before getting a car I too used to do it. Now I am just so darn tired I doubt I would wake up for anything.

Enjoy!

Super Dave

I already though of how funny it would be when i woke up in the middle of the night just tosit in it. Good to know that i'm not the only one.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

When I got my first Infiniti a few years back i would sometimes just come out and sit in it.

Fred..:oface

Super Dave

anyone have a particular brand of car cover they really like for the G?

Super Dave

I GOT IT!!!!!! '04 Loaded.....only had 11 miles on it and they weren't letting anyone touch it. It was really funny though, as we were going through the purchase I could see it sitting there out the window and during that short period, 3 couples came up and gawked at it. One of them even came up trying to buy it. Too bad suckers.......it's mine :). Oh, and why did no one tell me the 6M/T chirps the tires going into 3rd if you step on it......must be good......break in period so hard.

nlzmo400r
Car: cars

HUGE congrats on teh purchase man, must be awesome, take a nice break in trip and come down to pick me up for a ride!! ;), im sure you'll take great care of her, and man, chirps in 3rd!!?? wow

Chris Krikorian

Congratulations Dave!!! I'm dying here for mine, dealer called and said it would be late october...ughh!!

Super Dave

not to get your hopes up too much, but mine showed up 20 days before the approximated delivery date. of course, the dealer is only about an hour away from the port.

nlzmo400r

so man, give us an update, i know you're still in break in, but what are your pros/cons of hte car, and Chris, hang in there bro, atleast you have one on order, wish i did :( , i guess my lil 4banger will have to do for now

Super Dave

pros: great handling, awsome transmission, tons of torque at almost any RPM, everyone stares at this unique car. Basically it is great in almost every way.

Cons: When you punch it, the back end really squats down. I don't really like the feel of that, but I'm sure the problem could be solved with some suspension mods like coil overs. The only other thing that bothers me slightly is the seat belt design. I don't know if it's my seating position or what, but it just seems like it was made for a larger person, while the rest of the car seems like it was made for a smaller person. I'm thinking about buying some seat belt pads to keem the top part from bothering me, but the bottom part can only be fixed by raising the bottom of the seat up......I'm not gonna rais it up that much......don't wanna feel like I'm driving a truck lol. Oh yeah.......one more complaint...the DVD Nav. Although I havent used it too much just yet, I have noticed that it doesn't take you to your exact location. Rather, it will take you to a close street then turn you back around tell you are there when in fact, the street you wanted was two blocks over to the right and turning around just pointed you in the wrong direction. I am learning how to win against it though.....you have to watch the finishing point....if you see it telling you to do a u-turn, you just ignore it and "drive the map to your location" I did that last night and found my friends house with no wrong turns last night.

All that said, I really love the car. I am very happy with it, and it has tons and tons of cool features if you get the loaded version. It's very worth the money and the wait.

p.s. I noticed my Brembos do tend to make a weird squeek when I am VERY light on them. It's not like a wear indicator, I believe it just begins to vibrate at the perfect frequency to make the noise. If it keeps doing it, I might take it in, but I really don't think it is anything to worry about.

Super Dave

p.s. with the DVD Nav, I have had a 50% success rate.......when i go to a weird address it likes to send me the worng way, but if you are looking for a store (or an insurance agent's office wink wink) it will take you right to the door.

nlzmo400r

glad to hear you like it dave, thanks for the all the info. I must admit that if i were to buy a G coup3, id probably get everything except the DVD system, im not too intelligent when it comes to using tech stuff like that, so id probably shy away from it. But when it comes to spoilers and 18's and brembos, bring em on!!

Super Dave

u have to get the DVD nav.......it's really easy to use actually. it even gives you instant fuel economy info, running time, gps odometer, maintenance sched., and a bunch of other cool stuff. If you ever think you might end up buying a GPS, you might as well get the clean factory one. I think it's worth the $$. Besides, when I'm checking out another G it is one of the 3 things i look for. 1) Brembos to see if it is a 6-speed, 2)spoiler to see if they got the aero package, and 3) the dash to see if they got the DVD nav. If I see all of that I am really impressed. It is actually kind of rare to find all of it on one car though. I even tell people that mine doesn't look like the other ones they have seen, cuz it really looks different with the brembos, the 18's, the spoiler and the splash guards. it looks much meaner than the base model im my opinion.

g35driver
Car: Power kite flying

Congratulations Dave,Enjoy. I really wanted a red coupe 6/mt with all options. But, Wife can't drive a mt. A brand new G35c is not I car to let anyone practice on. My heart still skips a beat everytime I see a G35c/6mt. To me it's an awesome ride. Pics???Kev...

Super Dave

i'll try to get some pics up soon. I'm having the windows tinted this weekend, so maybe after that

g35driver

As my wife sometimes says. Cool beans.Kev....

nlzmo400r

a lot of hte ladies are saying that now, i dont really get where tehy got that from. Anyone want to treade me their G fro my car?

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

nlzmo400r wrote:a lot of hte ladies are saying that now, i dont really get where tehy got that from. Anyone want to treade me their G fro my car?

Nice try, just throwin the question in with some other comments. But, i don't think it will work. Sorry, not a chance in hall I will trade my G for an Altima.

Ryan

nlzmo400r

aww cmon, , ok, just for a weekend, and ill give you 1oo bucks, ill wash it and wax it and fill her up with 93 octane when im done ;)

rydwhite

Ha ha. You'll need to do a little more than that to get my car for even an hour.

nlzmo400r

not that i can blame you, they're so damn nice, yet 'cool' at the same time, now if i could just scrounge up 35k

rydwhite

Check the cushions of your couch. You could be surprised by how mcuh is there.

g35driver

rydwhite wrote:Check the cushions of your couch. You could be surprised by how mcuh is there.
No,Sell the couch and trade in the altima. Coupe or Sedan, the G is worth going into debt for 5 years. Driving them is an absolute blast. Head turning finger pointing fun. If you don't believe me ask any G owner.Kev... :D

g35driver

Ryan,Do you still have the stock rims on your G? Are the windows tinted yet? Kev...

rydwhite

Stock rims, yes. I think I will stick with them for awhile. I plan on tinting the windows next month. I was looking into some tint that Hitman was talking about, but I haven't been able to find a place here in Indy that is. So, I will probably just go the regular way. Not sure how dark yet. I need to talk to the installer.

Super Dave

i went 50% on driver/passenger side and 35% on the 3 back windows.......gives it a nice classy look

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”