Itb and nitrous?

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
Backwooddrift
Car: 1997 ford powerstroke
1989 240sx hatch

I've posted before on my itb setup I've got my basic idea and plans made. I was talking to someone near me who has some parts I need for another vehicle I have. He brought up some left over parts I had laying around that he needed. He knows about my itb I'm wanting to run and offers to trade a nitrous system for the leftover parts. I was thinking of with the itb having the secondary injectors (that will be removed and plugged) there will already be the open hole for a nitrous injector with a small jet in each tb. The kit is a dry or wet kit for a ka24. It will give me a hard hit of power through a corner. My only worry is not knowing much about nitrous. I thought the add of the nitrous would make it a even cooler more unique drift car. I would like to talk to someone who has nitrous or had it before, someone with the same thought of why not nobody else has. I've searched on this forum and others and never found anything, if anyone knows a place to steer me to look please help me get to where I need to be to find what I need.

wa-chiss
Car: 1990 Nissan S13 H/C KA24E
2005 Toyota Sequoia
1976 Honda CB750F Super Sport

Nitrous isn't a logical choice for drifters for the sole factor nitrous is temporary. It's a temporary solution where a permanent one is readily available and is also a direct bolt-on.

You're going to need a LOT of nitrous.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Nitrous seems more useful for hard pulls, like in drag racing. As wa-chiss says, it's a short term boost, still good for drag racing, but not much else. I don't see people using NOS on the track or courses for auto x and drift. I do see it at drag events and FnF street races. Maybe, if you get it and use it during drifts, you'll be able to perfect the controlled 360 spin instead of the classic 360 spin out?

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”