It's time, please help me figure fair prices for this stuff

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
tyrannix
Car: go big or go home

Hi guys. For reals this time, I slept on it for 6ish months and decided. I just have too much going on right now, and my hobby mechanic work is more focused on diesel 4x4 daily drivers. I will likely keep some things, but at least the rolling shell needs to go, for the cash, and to make room for a camper in my back yard and make room in my workshop. I have close to 3 full storage racks full of Silvia/240/CA stuff

I'm posting here because I trust you guys way more than the 240sx forum. Also, the CA forum on this site is mostly the only place I ever came.

This was a for real 'executive' decision. I have 6 vehicles on my property, multiple somethings need to go. Being that I need to get daily drivers into better condition, the 'toys' need to go. I haven't raced in over 10 years at this point. I will likely get back into it in 5-10 years if other life obligations are taken care of. I want to buy some hill country dirt to get further out to raise my kids (a year or so until we start trying)

Anyway, I forgot how to upload pictures here, so I made a photobucket thing to host pictures of all manner of things that I'm selling.

I'm really just trying to figure out a price for the car shell, with or without engine, etc.

The car is a 1989 240sx coupe with just under 90k miles, in white. Clean title, has not been registered or driven since 2005, garaged/covered while in my posession until about 6 months ago (no Texas hail damage), was purchased from a New Jersey woman driver in 2005, She was the second owner if memory serves.

Insulation scraped out, some residue on the sheet metal left.

It has fender braces- Triangulated tube steel bolted to the door hinges and the frame, under the fenders (should I add pictures of this?)

Front and rear STBs, front is not triangulated, just a tower connector.

Tein coilovers front and rear

I have an uninstalled poly set of bushing replacements for the subframe.

'XSPOWER' intercooler, piping, and couplers (Ebay I think, I lost the apexi FMIC in a tragic event with my standard tranny 1JZ '92 Cressida conversion)

Bolt on body sheetmetal is all OEM 'midnight purple' from JDM 89 Silvia, located in Grapevine, Tarrant county, in the Glorious Republic of Texas. Trunk lock with Silvia cover/emblem, door handles/locks swapped for JDM, I have onhand the ignition that takes that same key, it might be cheaper/easier to have a locksmith just change the ignition pinning, about $60

Body kit is front and rear bumpers (fiberglass repair apparant on front, looks good from outside) side skirts, spoiler - I have never seen one like it.

It has the original wheels that came with my car in Okinawa, Longchamp XR-4z with Dunlop Direzza (directional) rubber, and the set of steelies that came with the white USDM car (I also have a full Z 5 lug conversion for it, with 4 piston brakes and Super Advan 3xdouble spoke wheels with 'newish'rubber)

Hud unit and whindshield worked last time I drove it with the KA still in.

Brown Interior is pretty complete - dash is painted black, don't ask, but no cracks

'Midnight purple' parts are JDM, Custom modified hood with vent (great craftsmanship), fenders, trunk, spoiler, side skirts, bumper covers, headlights, slotted vent fiberglass piece between headlights

Nardi Torino 'classic' steering wheel
( I have a momo steering wheel, multiple different weighted shift knobs, and the steering wheel and alacantra (sp?) seats from an R32 GTR available as well)

pink sidebrake thumb button, I think it's anodized, sleight wear, came with the Okinawa car, purchased in 2002 from an American female driver, unknown history btw, heavily modified at the time.

If I'm including the engine, its the engine that came with the Oki car - only had the 89k kilometers, rebuilt, balanced (machine shop work, not blueprinted, but balanced), new bearings, ARP head studs, oversize metal (not cometic, I want to say its a Tomei) head gasket to very sleightly reduce compression allowing very sleightly more boost Adjustable cam gears - if interest is show, I'll check, I don't remember what cams are in it. They are either stock, reground stock, tomei, or HKS. I had that set of 3 off never used magnesium valve covers from an open wheel racecar team in Japan, and a set of Tomei pistons, and all of my other racing cams, but those was lost due to my ex-wife's incompetence/negligence/malice in a tragic incident involving an auctioned storage unit, so those aren't included. One extra shortblock (disassembled), one extra 8 port head, one extra 4 port head also avaialable, not sure if I want to sell the 4 port yet) Unknown modified turbo that came with the JDM car. It has full spool at around 2500 if I remember correctly. I would bet it maxes out at 1.5 bar, because the turbine is so small and not newest turbo bearing technology.

I have a megasquirt, a tooth gear custom machine press-fitted onto a cam pulley so that a (smaller) belt can still be run, for all, AC/PS/Alt. I have the bracket that I welded together to hold the sensor for the crank tooth gear.

I think I still have the JDM modified/tuned CA18 CPU, and the US KA CPU, and a ton of harness wire in boxes

Also, two transmissions, one is JDM CA spec, and once USDM KA spec, the difference (besides the bellhousing, both have CA bellhousings) is the fifth gear being different, I don't remember the ratio difference. I think the CA18 one is taller for more acceleration in fifth.

I heart Texas, but the okra plants have taken over the garden area, they are frigging huge, almost as tall as corn, but spread out and leafy, but high-producing. This is the best thing we have grown yet. Squashbugs and vine-borers are hte bane of our gardening existance.

I have the JDM mirror side fold mechanisms, they are on the car, switch is not installed but available.

I have a whole digital climate control setup available (Thanks Ryan) that I never installed.

Stock ehxaust is gone, HKS catback exhaust available, also cat delete pipe, wider downpipe, and a piece of exhaust flexpipe that I never plumbed into it.

1 piece lightweight driveshaft, lightweight flywheel, multiple stock flywheels, multiple aftermarket clutches, pressure plates with a lot of life left.

Unfortunately my dryweave carbon fiber doors (50 lbs undressed shipped weight for both!!!!!) were also lost in that tragic storage unit incident.

I do have a set of (circa mid 2000s) purple LED lights for doing F&F style ricer underglow effects with control box. it was a moment of weakness.

Also a roll of dynamat.

So, I am looking for input on fair prices what I should ask for these things before I post them in the classifieds on here and Craigslist. At this point, it isn't a project anymore, it is an asset that needs to be liquidated. If I have the time available in the distant future, I will likely get an imported Silvia, GTR, C5 corvette, or Hyundai Genesis to get back on the track. Much love still for the CA - mechanical efficiency and engineering wins. I'm just at a different phase of life.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2088003/1 ... an-silvia/ for more pics/story of the project that I didn't finish

Pictures of the car here, I'll add pics of the other stuff this week/weekend.
http://s428.photobucket.com/user/Bows ... ALE/Nissan http://s428.photobucket.com/user/Bowser ... ALE/Nissan

Izento
Car: RPS13

Honestly, I wouldn't get rid of the magnesium covers, as those are f*** priceless and I don't think you can put a price on them. Keep them as memorabilia or something. As for everything else, the prices depend on if you are giving a slight discount to Nico members or if you're selling to the general Craigslist populace.

dhen
Car: MGA w/ CA18DET

Where in Texas are you? I might be interested in some of the parts. I'm in San Antonio. You can text at (210) 378-0222 or [email protected].

I'd pay cash and it'd be great to not have to deal with shipping.

tyrannix

The magnesium valve covers, along with a whole engine worth of premium hi performance parts, along with much more non-car stuff, were lost when my ex-wife lied to me about paying the bill on a storage unit and it was auctioned. I tried to get in contact with the buyer, but no dice. I lost a car hauler in that fiasco too.

I'm in Grapevine, just a bit northeast of Ft Worth. I would much prefer to sell locally as well.

I would like to value the things fairly to you guys, and bump it up a bit for craigslist/ebay. I mean 'you guys' as in the CA crowd, I didn't really use the other boards on here much.

I was slammed this past weekend, I have a bunch of pictures to take of other things to sell, I am trying to get that done Thursday or this weekend - the other days are already booked.

For example, the HKS Hi-power exhaust looks to be priced at 350-630 shipped on fleabay. Mine is in pretty good condition, no leaks, but has a wrinkle/dent on the bottom of the muffler. As with much of my stuff, this came from Okinawa, and has been kept sheltered and not used since 2005, so also definitely a genuine item, not a knockoff.

So, what would 'fair' be for that?

It looks like a used one sold for $285 shipped fairly recently
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LIGHTLY-USED-HK ... f4&vxp=mtr

If it were me looking to buy, I would pay that.

Well, I'll wait until I get more pictures taken, so you guys can see the condition of everything.

dhen
Car: MGA w/ CA18DET

That sucks about the storage unit. I don't even know what to say.

I'm in San Antonio, so pretty far, but I'm willing to drive for the right price. I don't need any 240sx parts, but I'm always looking for spare CA stuff. The clutch and pressure plates would be interesting, as might the flywheel. The short block and heads are interesting as is the Megasquirt stuff. How do I contact you?

Darian

tyrannix

Pictures added.

I am busy until next week - probably towards the end of the week I can get more/better pictures.

Also, I concluded that with so much work already done, it is unlikely that the car will sell as-is. Unless it does sell soonish, I'm going to part it out. I'm sure someone would like the hood/fenders//grill/body kit, but doesn't want the whole car.

Eh, such is life.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”