It's a serious problem that needs to be addressed - street racing.

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
rn79870
Car: 2008 G35 & 2005 Vette C6 vert.

Well, let's toss out condoms because no one uses them and people know they can get aids, preggy, whatever, but what the hell, we're careful.

Perhaps not fostering street racing on a forum that everyone turns to for information on cars and all things cars, might help give the impression that it really isn't cool, safe or responsible. If some clown thinks he is going to live forever and continues act dangerously, why allow him an avenue that appears to endorses his actions. Peer pressure works. Stress, even promote safe events. Otherwise, we're going to read about a member or two who learned the hard way, and that won't be a good day.

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

I wouldnt mind if the soccer moms with their SUV's weaving in and out of traffic on the cell phone and yelling at their kids, had their SUV's crushed for driving while distracted.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

You will never see me promote it. I always sound like a recovering alcoholic when I discuss my own activity as I too believe there is no locical argument for it.

Yes, throw out the condoms. Parents need to do their goddamned mother****ing jobs and raise their kids! That's why Jimmy can't read, the teacher is too busy showing him how to roll a condom on.

I never feel remorse when some idiot kills himself or his freinds street racing, screw him and them. They made that choice and they can die with it. That goes for me too. If I wrap myself around a tree don't start with that poor him BS, I chose it, it's my fault. I only ever feel sorrow for innocent victims impacted by aforementioned jerkoffs.

Now if I start a thread about how much I love my new 09 GT-R pray for me.

rn79870

Simple.1. gloryhounds. Deny them the avenue for the acceptance they will think they will gain by beating whatshisface's Civic or STi. If they have no avenue to brag, they lose some of the motivation. If their peers shake their head, they lose even more.

2. reluctant racer. Think of this. Would you let some pimply faced 16 year old moron drive your car? Would you allow him to dictate how you drive your car? Yet, if you reluctantly engage in an event with one, you've allowed the moron to enter your head and dictate how you behave. You've allowed him, at least temporarily, to control you, to cause you to do something you know isn't proper. (not referencing you here, but referring to the problem in general). It's better to chuckle and ignore him.

Educating the masses can work.

And TMS, you're not insulting me by telling me I'm wrong. That's what we do here, we look at issues from another persons point of view.

rn79870

Cold_Zero wrote:I wouldnt mind if the soccer moms with their SUV's weaving in and out of traffic on the cell phone and yelling at their kids, had their SUV's crushed for driving while distracted.
Well, in CA holding a phone while driving will be illegal after 7/1/08. One thing at a time...

themadscientist

You have dispropotionate, unsubstantiated faith in "the masses"

brizanden
Car: thrased kouki ftw

rn79870 wrote:Simple.

2. reluctant racer. Think of this. Would you let some pimply faced 16 year old moron drive your car? Would you allow him to dictate how you drive your car? Yet, if you reluctantly engage in an event with one, you've allowed the moron to enter your head and dictate how you behave. You've allowed him, at least temporarily, to control you, to cause you to do something you know isn't proper. (not referencing you here, but referring to the problem in general). It's better to chuckle and ignore him.
thts not true at all. your are responsible for your own actions yes i can laugh or i can say **** it and do it. he didnt make me do ****. your starting to sound like the stupid hypocritical teacher or "educators/counselors" from hs. dam they were all morons. i wanna go back and say haha i will easily have a more important and fullfilling job then u. anyways lol

rn79870

I think you should reread the post you are referencing.

brizanden

just cause i know i shouldnt doesnt mean i still dont want to... but sechs?

themadscientist

brizanden wrote:just cause i know i shouldnt doesnt mean i still dont want to... but sechs?
english, let me show you it.

brizanden

themadscientist

perfect!

brizanden

lol. Good, had to make up for my previous fail.

MaxFNPower
Car: 93 240sx SE Coupe KA24DE (My Dorthy) 97 240sx Coupe KA24DE(Un-Named) 87 Nissan Pick-up (Tin Man)

rn79870 wrote:Simple.2. reluctant racer. Think of this. Would you let some pimply faced 16 year old moron drive your car? Would you allow him to dictate how you drive your car? Yet, if you reluctantly engage in an event with one, you've allowed the moron to enter your head and dictate how you behave. You've allowed him, at least temporarily, to control you, to cause you to do something you know isn't proper. (not referencing you here, but referring to the problem in general). It's better to chuckle and ignore him.
Wow you make street racing sound so... Dirty! Well you've sold me, next lonely night i have I'm hitting the streets. Vroom Vroom, baby.

rn79870

MaxFNPower wrote:
Wow you make street racing sound so... Dirty! Well you've sold me, next lonely night i have I'm hitting the streets. Vroom Vroom, baby.
Yeah, but you'll probably have to drive over to OK or TX to find paved roads.

brizanden

^the pwn sauce...ohhhhhhhhh

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Someone here is from Beebe?

Damn - I used to travel up there with my folks, we were having an antique car restored by a guy there.

(Don't ask me why my Pops couldn't find a suitable restoration shop in Vicksburg MS, a city roughly 20x the size of Beebe...)

brizanden

AZhitman wrote:
(Don't ask me why my Pops couldn't find a suitable restoration shop in Vicksburg MS, a city roughly 20x the size of Beebe...)
um cause its max's town and he is the pimpest mo fo on these forums. Also in not sure but i believe i have succesfully ruined what was left in this thread.I bid u all good day

MaxFNPower
Car: 93 240sx SE Coupe KA24DE (My Dorthy) 97 240sx Coupe KA24DE(Un-Named) 87 Nissan Pick-up (Tin Man)

rn79870 wrote:
Yeah, but you'll probably have to drive over to OK or TX to find paved roads.
Well! For your information about 1/10 of our roads here are "Chip Sealed"And haven't you heard of rally racing? I went through a set of brand new tires in one month because of dirt... Damn that was a fun month!
AZhitman wrote:Someone here is from Beebe?

Damn - I used to travel up there with my folks, we were having an antique car restored by a guy there.

Do you remember who it was? Also let me do the math here, so you came from a town of about 800. JK my dad actually lives in a township that big in the Ozarks (St. Joe AR) Oddly enough thats how many cars he has in his yard. I bet that was a drive. My Ex lived in Jonesboro and thats about a 2hr drive from here at my speed.Oh ya what were you getting restored.
brizanden wrote:um cause its max's town and he is the pimpest mo fo on these forums. Also in not sure but i believe i have succesfully ruined what was left in this thread.I bid u all good day
You know it every one loves a man with a busted *** 240!

P.S. I Hate You All!!! J/K

brizanden

^i dont think everyone loves me becasue of the fact i have a busted a$$ 240.

MaxFNPower

^ I love you because of your busted A$$ 240!!! You Da man

Leuthesius
Car: 1996 Infiniti J30 - Totaled by Hail RIP
1995 Smurfima - Blown Head Gasket 230k miles RIP

I agree with WD. I'm not a street racer, but fact of the matter is, most people who put that money into those cars are going to take good care of those cars. Planting a woman and a stroller on the hood, through the windshield, and or under the car is going to not only chip the paint, but get said person's car crushed.

They understand this. Hell, when I was doing delivery for Pizza Hut years ago, I commonly ran 2x 3x the speedlimit down back roads because I wasn't watching the road. I was looking under cars. I was watching for children. Looking for shadows, feet, etc. I did that for 18 months and never had a single accident and until this winter with black ice, I went 8 years without an accident (iE none).

Its a matter of awareness. People who street race will typically have a much higher skill in driving their car and understanding their cars' limits. People who are driving daddy's bmw down the highway at 140 who don't understand it are the ones who hurt and maim and kill people. 800 deaths by street racers vs what, 80,000/yr in other traffic related accidents? That's .01%.

They won't ever earn my wrath with statistics like that.

rn79870

Leuthesius wrote:Its a matter of awareness. People who street race will typically have a much higher skill in driving their car and understanding their cars' limits. People who are driving daddy's bmw down the highway at 140 who don't understand it are the ones who hurt and maim and kill people. 800 deaths by street racers vs what, 80,000/yr in other traffic related accidents? That's .01%.

They won't ever earn my wrath with statistics like that.
People who street race are responsible for 100% of the deaths street racing has caused. You point is that 800 deaths is nothing to worry about because more people die accidentally in traffic accidents. That is a truly nearsighted position. What if one of the 800 was your relatives?

Pros don't street race, nor do they condone street racing. Everyone else, contrary to what you say, does not have "much higher" skills or "understand the limit" better than those who race professionally.

You might check your math, it's incorrect by a factor of 10.

idahotuner
Car: 2012 ram 2500 6.7 cummins, 93 Sileighty and 93 civic hatch, polaris ranger 2011

i wil be back to read this and make my input later

brizanden

^no one wants ur input bish

idahotuner
Car: 2012 ram 2500 6.7 cummins, 93 Sileighty and 93 civic hatch, polaris ranger 2011

ok time for my input here.........

I admit street racing is dumb. it is dumb when they are two people in stock cars who are seeing if their ford prob is faster then you moms minivan. the kind of people that would even think to race while driving in those types of vehicles need to have all driving privileges take away.

then there are the kids who have wealthy parents and they are giving a car that they dont have near the maturity or experience to drive. Seems like those are the kids who end of causing the most street accidents and deaths .

i know a kid his parents gave him a brand new sti. he wrecks while racing a mustang hitting a lady in her car and killing the little boy in the car.

he sat in jail for it. and off course the news over played the situation. now cops crack down on all sorts of dumb stuff as preventive action.

then there are actual planed street races on desereted roads really late as night so as to not risk any pedestrians. while i ma not in favore of setup races like that because i think there is more chance of being busted. i do believe that the people who do those are more responsible then the kids that get labeled as street racers who are actually just dumb fvcks screwing around at stop lights or o nthe free way.

then there are people like me. who will rise to the occasional challenge if they feel it is save enough to do so. i admit i have a couple races setup for once my car is finished we got the road picked out and everything. but we know the road it is about as save as you can get. as far as no cops and we arnt going to do really stupid ****. just see who pulls away first ya know.

so basically i think the media over plays and labels people as street racers who arnt real street racers they are dumb kids. screwing around with mom or pops fast car. or a car they were given.bottem line when every you are handed something for free you will never respect it as much as if you had worked for it.

rn79870

idahotuner wrote:
bottem line when every you are handed something for free you will never respect it as much as if you had worked for it.
That is a fact. I wonder why a moron with a 40,000 car drives it like he doesn't give a $%&*. It's becasue he has no appreciation for the value of what he has. Work for that same car, and you'll treat it like gold.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

My big beef with the whole topic is how two-faced people are about it.

Street Racing was glorified in the 60's and 70's. Mustangs, Camaro's, etc... were marketed to people as "racers" right off the showroom floor.

Why is it that the same people who glorified it in their youth now condemn it today?

Hypocrits!!!

Loud Pipes Save Lives according to Harley Davidson riders. The decibel levels dwarf almost any "tuner" car. Yet our two-faced law enforcement seems to think the kids in their cars deserve harassment while the harley riders get salutes.

Hypocrits!!!

Now, I'm not saying "street racing" is a good thing. I'm not saying it should be legal. But I think the crackdown is excessive due to its hypocricy.

I honestly feel that there is some age descrimination at play.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

rn79870 wrote:
People who street race are responsible for 100% of the deaths street racing has caused. You point is that 800 deaths is nothing to worry about because more people die accidentally in traffic accidents. That is a truly nearsighted position. What if one of the 800 was your relatives?

Pros don't street race, nor do they condone street racing. Everyone else, contrary to what you say, does not have "much higher" skills or "understand the limit" better than those who race professionally.

You might check your math, it's incorrect by a factor of 10.
While you are not wrong, laws are not going to change it. People know they are doing wrong and choose to do it anyway, thus unless you plan on using brainwashing techniques or want to get the Gov't to put govenors on cars to limit jack-rabbit starts then there is nothing much you can do other that make them pay when caught. People have raced forms of transportation going back to horses, mules and possibly wooly mamouths.

People are going to speed and people are going to mod cars. It is their choice to do so and it is their risk to suffer the consequences.

I brought up drunk driving stats but even deaths attributed to running red lights (not including stop signs) is higher than deaths due to street racing. If you are going to put laws on the books that allow crushing cars for street racing then laws need to be put on the books to do the same thing for those hitting pedestrians and such due to running lights. Gonna happen? nope

brizanden

^lol thts wht i call my car the steel wooly mammoth... doesnt every one? im rockin 2.5 woollys under my hood.

Return to “Politics Etc.”