It's a generational thing

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
dna9656
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue SV

We have a 2019 Rogue, Pearl White (not that it's distinguishable from plain white standing 2 feet away) and we'd like to be sure what generation it is. We think it's the 2nd. Any clarification would be welcome! Also there are a LOT of white vehicles that are in general terms very similar to our Rogue that's roughly sorta egg shape. I put door edge guards on it for the obvious reasons and to make it a bit easier to spot in a parking lot full of white egg shaped vehicles. Besides graphics of flames, pin stripes, or racing stripes does any one know of some low key, reasonable graphics available for the 2019 Rogue?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Can't help you with graphics, but you're definitely gen2. Gen 3 started in '21, and the only overlap between gen1 and gen2 was in '14~'15 when the gen1 continued to be produced as the "Rogue Select" alongside the gen2 "Rogue".

dna9656

Thanks!

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

dna9656 wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:11 pm
We have a 2019 Rogue, Pearl White (not that it's distinguishable from plain white standing 2 feet away)
and we'd like to be sure what generation it is. We think it's the 2nd. Any clarification would be welcome! Also there are a LOT of white vehicles that are in general terms very similar to our Rogue that's roughly sorta egg shape. I put door edge guards on it for the obvious reasons and to make it a bit easier to spot in a parking lot full of white egg shaped vehicles. Besides graphics of flames, pin stripes, or racing stripes does any one know of some low key, reasonable graphics available for the 2019 Rogue?
Please don't be the one person who puts racing stripes on an obvious soccer mom-mobile. You'll definitely be called a ricer for sure by many young people within the car community.

I suggest putting stickers, maybe a roof box, different types of wheels; heck, even lower the dang thing. My 2016 had a damaged rear right quarter that helped me distinguish which one is mine. Our 19 Deathmobile has a deep scratch/gouge in the rear hatch paintwork. My MDX is in the process of becoming of a show car. Just personalize the exterior but don't go too far with the ideas.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

datechboss101 wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:01 pm
Please don't be the one person who puts racing stripes on an obvious soccer mom-mobile.
Uniqueness doesn't always take much. One of the coolest treatments I ever saw required nothing but an ounce of touch-up paint and a stencil. It was on an old Datsun pickup, a 520 I think, which had the raised white "DATSUN" lettering on the tailgate. The waggish owner painted out the "D" and "N" and added some smaller lettering underneath. The result was:

ATSU
GESUNDHEIT

dna9656

Thanks all! I'm glad I'm not the only one that isn't always sure the car I'm approaching is mine without using the key fob!

TheRogue
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

A couple of ideas come to mind.

1) Put either brightly coloured or uniquely coloured license plate frames on your license plates. Something like a bright red or green. Not black or white.

2) Put a flag (or something like it) on the frontside of your review mirror. My wife did that for our White Minivan (Lots of white minivans. LOL.) When we'd go to pick up our kids from some sort of activity, every white van that approached, they'd have to check to see if it was us. LOL. But the bright red flag on the mirror really helped to quickly know it was us.

3) Get one of those soccer flags that you stick in the side window. When you park somewhere and you think it'll be hard to your car, just stick the soccer flag in your window. :)

My sister just got a 2019 Rogue and it's dark grey, so she is trying to figure out ways to find her car as well.

For me, our old 1st gen Rogue is that light blue colour. It seems to be kinda rare around here, so not so hard to find our Rogue in the parking lot. But . . . it also seems that I can't find touch up paint for my Rogue either (in Canada.) Canadian Tire doesn't list our colour for the Rogue. And when I go on-line, it seems that the only places I can order that colour are in the States. If I remember correctly, the colour code of our Rogue is FAF.

dna9656

Well, it won't be cheap but could you go to an automotive paint store and buy a 1/2 liter?

TheRogue

dna9656 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:17 am
Well, it won't be cheap but could you go to an automotive paint store and buy a 1/2 liter?
Yeah. I haven't a clue where to start with that. :(

I'm so used to just walking up to the Automotive Desk in Canadian Tire and giving them the year / make and model of a car. And then they hand me a spray can of touch-up paint.

I did that with my dad's car last year. I tried to get some for my car at the same time.

He said . . . the colour code is FAF . . . and we don't carry it. :(

EDIT: Oh, wait. I just did a search right now on Amazon.ca and there was a hit for Nissan Color FAF. It's not a spray can, but the rust spots on my car are really small.

https://www.amazon.ca/Color-Drive-Nissa ... B08535GX7X

dna9656

Well you take the color code and go buy paint where your local body shop does...I don't know the laws/customs in your country. Here in the States in most places you go to an automotive/bodyshop supply store and buy it. I think now proof that your a professional is required though not policed much. I have certificates from Dupont and Ditzler as I attended classes and I have my training record from the service and my time as a civilian employee of the US Navy as a painter, and my SSPC membership card. that documents my training as a vehicle and equipment painter.

TheRogue

dna9656 wrote:
Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:43 pm
Well you take the color code and go buy paint where your local body shop does...I don't know the laws/customs in your country. Here in the States in most places you go to an automotive/bodyshop supply store and buy it. I think now proof that your a professional is required though not policed much. I have certificates from Dupont and Ditzler as I attended classes and I have my training record from the service and my time as a civilian employee of the US Navy as a painter, and my SSPC membership card. that documents my training as a vehicle and equipment painter.
It sounds like you are the person to go to to do this job! :)

Me. I've got no experience with that. :(

That sounds like a lot more work than just walking into a Canadian Tire. LOL.

The spots of surface rust are so small on my 2011 Rogue, and for the most part hidden when you close the doors that I was even thinking of just getting silver paint and having a slight mismatch.

The spots seen when the doors are closed are about the size of a half-penny on each side.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

I think the door guards would suffice since I don’t see many people use them.

But you can also…..

Get scratch guards under the door handles, preferably black of course.

Also you can plasti-dip your gas door cover.

These are under the radar mods that also will help you differentiate from other similar rogues. :wavey:

Rogues don’t have many mods in the aftermarket sector, it’s been a problem since the first generation.

You see one rogue you seen them all basically. :werd:

dna9656

That's a big "no kidding!" aerodynamics are the same for everyone hence the similarities in vehicles.
It was only a few years ago the US EPA gave MFRs credit for drag coefficients (aerodynamics) towards fleet mileage increases. Where did you find those in the pictures please?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

AMAZON.

PLASTI-DIP everywhere. :mike

dna9656

Thanks!

Return to “Rogue Forum”