issues with my top losing it's programing

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
radusa1
Car: Infiniti g37 convertible

I just bought a new 2011 g37 convertible and was having fun driving it until I got distracted during putting the top up and stopped pushing the switch for a few seconds. When I pushed the button to finish putting the top up nothing happen. Well, roadside service will not tow the car in this condition, had to get tech from dealership to com and reprogram the top. They then had to take it in to continue working on the top, computer was still showing error. Once corrected they brought the car back and I took it out the next day with the top down to dinner, when I went to put the top back up the top did not line up correctly and again I had to call the dealership to come get it. Has anyone else had these issues or is it just my car?

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

Oh boy - that is NOT good.
I have had my Vert for over 2 years and zero roof issues and have not heard of anything like what you describe.

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems but strongly suggest that you work with the dealership (and/or Infiniti corporate) mat the highest level to get this resolved to your complete satisfaction ASAP.

Good luck.

radusa1

Thanks for the info, the dealership brought it back today so far so good.

bschurr

PS - welcome to NICO. Tell us the positive stuff about your new ride lie color, options, mod plans etc...

radusa1

I bought the G37 vert base in Graphite Shadow/Graphite with Premium package, Navigation package, Performance Tire and wheel, and Interior accents package.

Except for the issue with the top I have been very please with the performance and look of the car. It is really fun to drive and I look foward to every chance I get to drive it.

Cobra_Kai_84
Car: 2009 G37S convertible - Athens Blue/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Nav, rear deck spoiler

I have also had my vert for over 2 years and have had no roof issues. I can only think of one time that my finger slipped off the button during the opening roof operation, and I quickly pressed it again and there didn't seem to be any hang up. I always try to keep my full attention when pressing that button to avoid any potential issues. Just stay focused for 28 seconds LOL. Enjoy the car. it's great. still don't see many on the road which is awesome.

bschurr

I have stopped my roof operation mid drop or raise many, many times (and every time i wash the car to clean the inside of the rear window) and I have never had any hang ups - it should work perfectly all the time!

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”