Issues with Infiniti Consumer Affairs

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
tfree32

My local dealership has been great, but Infiniti Consumer Affairs has proven to be completely worthless. This is some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

I had a simple question about whether a Motorola Droid was compatible with the bluetooth in my 2010 G37.
Jun 5: I recently purchased a 2010 G37 sedan with a navigation system. I am considering buying a Motorola Droid and would be using it in my vehicle. Your bluetooth information page does not have that phone listed as a phone recommended, not recommended or being tested. I would like to know if it is a phone that would be compatible with my vehicle, and what if any issues there might be trying to use it.
So I wait a couple of days and get this response on June 7:
April 24, 2008

File # 6834594

Dear ********,

Thank you for contacting Infiniti and allowing us the opportunity to be of assistance.

We are sorry to hear about the concerns you have regarding your Bluetooth in your 2008 EX35. Unfortunately if the phone is not on the compatibility list the phone will not be fully compatible with your 2008 EX35. To assist you more effectively, please contact us at 1-800-662-6200 (Option 6) and reference your file number.

I have documented your concerns in file# ********.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. Your satisfaction is important to us!

Sincerely,

Infiniti
Notice that it's dated 2008 and references a completely different year, make and model of vehicle. It seems pretty obvious that my message wasn't even read, and some copy and paste canned response was just fired off in response to my email.

I sent this response later that day:
I don't own a 2008 EX35. I own a 2010 G37x, as I noted in my email. I'm also unclear why the response to my email is dated April 24, 2008.

The Droid is one of the most popular phones on the market, yet Infiniti does not recommend it, not recommend it, or indicate it is testing it. This seems extremely odd. It either works or it doesn't, and owners of the vehicles would like to be able to know for sure.

In any event, I found a friend who owns one and has been able to use his without problems. It's unfortunate that Infiniti customers are forced to rely on word of mouth reports from other owners for this information. One would think that Infiniti would be working harder to test the more current phones and determine whether they work, and if not, why they don't.

So I'm dissatisfied with the way Infiniti handles advising its customers about Bluetooth capability, and with the way this email was responded to. When you get the date and model I'm inquiring about wrong, it indicates to me that you're not even paying attention. So my first impression of Infiniti's customer service is an extremely poor one.
And despite that being sent over a month ago, I received no response to that email. Thankfully I was able to locate another poster here who was very helpful on this.

But Infiniti Consumer Affairs is just bizarrely incompetent and unhelpful. It's amazing to me that a company trying to be taken seriously as a luxury car company would provide such terrible service.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Have you tried to go through your local dealership to use them to talk to corporate? You may get faster response times...

I agree that it's a strange reply from Infiniti. Did you try calling?

tfree32

joe603 wrote:Have you tried to go through your local dealership to use them to talk to corporate? You may get faster response times...

I agree that it's a strange reply from Infiniti. Did you try calling?
I tried calling, but it was over the weekend and they were closed. I was able to email another poster here who mentioned having a droid and he was very helpful. So by Monday the question had already been answered and I was already using my new phone. My dealership has been very helpful generally.

But if my experience with Infiniti Consumer Affairs is any indication of how that place is run, they are just completely incompetent and unconcerned with providing quality customer service.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

tfree32 wrote:My local dealership has been great, but Infiniti Consumer Affairs has proven to be completely worthless. This is some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

I had a simple question about whether a Motorola Droid was compatible with the bluetooth in my 2010 G37.
Jun 5: I recently purchased a 2010 G37 sedan with a navigation system. I am considering buying a Motorola Droid and would be using it in my vehicle. Your bluetooth information page does not have that phone listed as a phone recommended, not recommended or being tested. I would like to know if it is a phone that would be compatible with my vehicle, and what if any issues there might be trying to use it.
So I wait a couple of days and get this response on June 7:
April 24, 2008

File # 6834594

Dear ********,

Thank you for contacting Infiniti and allowing us the opportunity to be of assistance.

We are sorry to hear about the concerns you have regarding your Bluetooth in your 2008 EX35. Unfortunately if the phone is not on the compatibility list the phone will not be fully compatible with your 2008 EX35. To assist you more effectively, please contact us at 1-800-662-6200 (Option 6) and reference your file number.

I have documented your concerns in file# ********.

We look forward to hearing from you soon. Your satisfaction is important to us!

Sincerely,

Infiniti
Notice that it's dated 2008 and references a completely different year, make and model of vehicle. It seems pretty obvious that my message wasn't even read, and some copy and paste canned response was just fired off in response to my email.

I sent this response later that day:
I don't own a 2008 EX35. I own a 2010 G37x, as I noted in my email. I'm also unclear why the response to my email is dated April 24, 2008.

The Droid is one of the most popular phones on the market, yet Infiniti does not recommend it, not recommend it, or indicate it is testing it. This seems extremely odd. It either works or it doesn't, and owners of the vehicles would like to be able to know for sure.

In any event, I found a friend who owns one and has been able to use his without problems. It's unfortunate that Infiniti customers are forced to rely on word of mouth reports from other owners for this information. One would think that Infiniti would be working harder to test the more current phones and determine whether they work, and if not, why they don't.

So I'm dissatisfied with the way Infiniti handles advising its customers about Bluetooth capability, and with the way this email was responded to. When you get the date and model I'm inquiring about wrong, it indicates to me that you're not even paying attention. So my first impression of Infiniti's customer service is an extremely poor one.
And despite that being sent over a month ago, I received no response to that email. Thankfully I was able to locate another poster here who was very helpful on this.

But Infiniti Consumer Affairs is just bizarrely incompetent and unhelpful. It's amazing to me that a company trying to be taken seriously as a luxury car company would provide such terrible service.
Try here

http://www.infinitiusa.com/bluetooth/

Telcoman

tfree32

telcoman wrote:
Try here

http://www.infinitiusa.com/bluetooth/

Telcoman
Appreciate the link, but that's the first place I checked, before I even contacted them. The Droid's not listed as compatible, not compatible or being tested. I tried to call and the office was closed due to the weekend. So I emailed and received the responses I posted.

It's a non-issue at this point, as it's clear the phone works. But I wanted to share my experience and see if others have experienced similar frustrations in dealing with that department.

kmckis1029
Car: 2016 Q50 RS400 AWD

2010 G37x w/Prem, Nav, & Wood (sold)

2005 G35x w/Prem C (traded in)

i have the droid and it works perfect :)

tfree32

kmckis1029 wrote:i have the droid and it works perfect :)

Mine does as well, and I appreciate your help as I was trying to decide whether to buy one. :dblthumb:

kmckis1029
Car: 2016 Q50 RS400 AWD

2010 G37x w/Prem, Nav, & Wood (sold)

2005 G35x w/Prem C (traded in)

welcome

infinitgkid
Car: '06 Infiniti G35 Coupe

Maybe they didn't respond because maybe Infiniti stands on the Apple side of the spectrum. Maybe you should ditch the droid for an iPhone.

:rotflmao

j/k

sniper27
Car: 2010 G37 sedan - Moonlight white/graphite
2008 M35 - Moonlight white/graphite
2011 Audi A6 3.0T - Ibis white/black

infinitgkid wrote:Maybe they didn't respond because maybe Infiniti stands on the Apple side of the spectrum. Maybe you should ditch the droid for an iPhone.

j/k
sure, if he doesn't plan to make actual calls. :laugh:

g's up ho's down
Car: 2010 G37x premium, navigation

infinitgkid wrote:Maybe they didn't respond because maybe Infiniti stands on the Apple side of the spectrum. Maybe you should ditch the droid for an iPhone.

j/k
lol...just make sure you don't hold it in your left hand so you don't drop your call! :rotfl

WAldenIV
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35x
2008 Infiniti G35x

I got the Droid X last week and I paired it with my 2007 G35X without any trouble. However, when I try to use it to make a call, the person I'm calling can't hear me at all. Someone with a 2009/2010 Nissan had the same problem on the Android Central forums. I'm still looking for a solution or a larger group of people with this problem.

WAldenIV
2008 Infiniti G35x

I found a workaround for Bluetooth issues with Nissan/Infiniti vehicles on the web.

When placing or receiving a call, select "Transfer to Handset" and then press the phone icon on the steering wheel. This will transfer the call to the phone and back to the car. I have tested this making and receiving calls and it works.

moxie614
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35s

WAldenIV wrote:I got the Droid X last week and I paired it with my 2007 G35X without any trouble. However, when I try to use it to make a call, the person I'm calling can't hear me at all. Someone with a 2009/2010 Nissan had the same problem on the Android Central forums. I'm still looking for a solution or a larger group of people with this problem.

i also have the droid x/'07 infiniti g35 combo and have had the same issue (can pair my phone, but the person in the other end can't hear me during a call). please post here if you hear of anymore information on this. it seems like infiniti/nissan should be offering an upgrade to their bluetooth software.

WAldenIV
2008 Infiniti G35x

moxie614 wrote: i also have the droid x/'07 infiniti g35 combo and have had the same issue (can pair my phone, but the person in the other end can't hear me during a call). please post here if you hear of anymore information on this. it seems like infiniti/nissan should be offering an upgrade to their bluetooth software.
I've read online that the Froyo (Android 2.2) update includes better and broader bluetooth drivers. We should be receiving the software update in the next couple of weeks, so keep your fingers crossed.

WAldenIV
2008 Infiniti G35x

WAldenIV wrote: I've read online that the Froyo (Android 2.2) update includes better and broader bluetooth drivers. We should be receiving the software update in the next couple of weeks, so keep your fingers crossed.

The Froyo update fixed my Bluetooth issues. Works like a champ now. The audio quality is drastically improved, too.

hagani
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x
2012 Infiniti M56x

Well, I guess almost 8 years later this topic as well as the problem still ongoing.

I own 2008 G35x and ever since I got my Droid Moto Z i am experiencing this type of issue:
  • When I place or receive the call I can hear the person on the other side for about 15-30 seconds
  • After that audio becomes distorted and getting slowly worse next 5-10 second to the point when person on the other side of the line can't hear me
  • Then I press "transfer to handset" and right after that I press "Phone" button on the dashboard and audio is perfect for another 15-30 seconds
By doing it back and forth I can use the phone but it's very annoying.

Does anyone else experience the same type of problem and if anyone found solution?

I also own 2012 M56x and have same issue there. No problem with my phone in other vehicles I own.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Have you tried associating someones iPhone or a different Droid to the car to see if they have the same issue as well? That's the first step I would take before moving forward with troubleshooting the cars systems.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”