ISO 1986 Datsun/Nissan 720 Carburetor CAL emissions

1980-1986 Datsun 720 forums. All 720-specific topics and discussion can be found here.
Elcaballo
Car: 1986 Nissan 720 4x4 5 speed

In search of a carburetor with California emission, the dealership no longer produces these carbs anymore, I've purchased 2 remanufactured carbs with cal emission but both were s***. The current carb has been so rigged and tampered with that the shops will not mess with it, I know that these tbi carbs are not liked among shop mechanics also. I've leaned out the current carb and adjusted the float, but the co level is still to high for smog at 2500 rpm. Keeping in mind that I have done a tune up, new spark plugs and wires,distributor cap, valves are tuned to factory specs, new cat converter and o2 sensor, compression is good and timing is correct, but there's still black smoke from incomplete combustion. So with that said I am finished trying to work with this carb which still floods the engine the gas it seems, and dump money into shops which have no clue what they are doing, saying the carb cannot be leaned out yet I performed said task. If anyone has advice on where I could get an oem California carb that's isn't remanufactured it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Vegas7204x4
Car: 1986 nissan 720 king cab 4x4 5 speed

Don't know if my extra carb is Cali how do I check

Return to “Datsun 720”