is this for real?????

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
MB86

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...t_941

i cant believe this to be real right??

bryan d.
Car: 2003 Redline Nissan 350Z Touring 6-Speed

it is real....you just get what u pay for lol

spitalul2bad
Car: Nissan 350z Roadster - REV-UP Engine
Opel Vectra C
BMW E30 6cylinder 2000cmc

You're getting EXACTLY what you pay for. Cheap parts. Cheap performance, which will ultimately blow your motor.

In any case, if you really wanna go for it, I'm curious as to how you'll install it since it clearly states "no installation instructions"... AND, the fact that you need to make some SERIOUS parts:

Quote »The piping needs to be fitted up. Because of the bends and couplers included, it should be simple. The T3 turbo flange needs to be welded to an adapter pipe or directly to the stock manifold. To run this on a street car, the turbocharger down pipe will need to be connected to your existing exhaust. Expect to fabricate an adapter pipe or have an exhaust shop connect them.[/quote]

MB86

i have no intentions on buying it. i just couldnt believe you could buy a turbo for that cheap.

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

That kit is good for like what? ONE 1/8th mile run

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

yes, its for real.

I would not look down on such a kit just because its not part of a recognized manufacturors packet.

Forced induction is justa matter of pushing air charge into your motor and intercooling it ( if needed) and controlling the fuel and spark.

So other than durability differences between different manufacturers turbos and varying quality of plumbing and efficiency of intercoolers its all really the same thing.

A cursory glance shows me the major parts seem included and the T3/T4 is a well respected full sized ST.

With ST's you would usally expect to see some lag but with an 3.5L engine that is probably a non issue.

Would I run 25 psi w/o a built motor as the guy mentions?NO but anyone qualified to put a kit on should know how much boost he can give his motor based on what it is.

At a more reasonable boost (boost controller is included!) and decent tune I see no reason why this kit should be any less safe tham for example a turbonetics ST kit.

Is some extra work required?

Yes but considering how many hours a Turbo setup takes for install probably not enough extra to make a big difference in the final bill assuming you have a competent shop.

Even stock kits often require some basic pipe bending and "clean up" on the plumbing and flanges.

All the important stuff is there even a turbo timer and catch Can are includedI call that attention to detail.

Fred..

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

it's a lot of cheap parts, these no name china built turbo's have been hit and miss, I've seen some litterally fall apart and some work as well as the naem brand parts they immitate, they do a crap job of expressing exactly what turbo you get or how much air itt flows, anyone who understands turbo's will be far more concerned with lbs/min than psi, also their kits only means of controlling fuel is an afpr wth no means of spark control, so a real engine managment with fuel and spark control would be needed and to get full benefit of the kit larger injectors would be needed to flow enough fuel, the stock injectors can not flow enough fuel to 450 hp

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”