is this amp any good?

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
j30t

Im lookin to get an amp to power some infinity kappas and was wondering if this amp was good or a piece of crap. If it isnt any good please let me know of some quality amps for the price.

diamondj30
Car: Not to low , not to high , just right .

what amp.

scruf1986
Car: the car

Hmm. Well im gonna think really hard to see what you have. Nope that amp sucks. Get a new one. :D

j30t

my bad...check this out forgot to put the page was in a hurry this morning http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...=4950

Cloudedone
Car: Cars, Drifting, Auto Mechanics, Army, Chicks

not sure what size kappa's you have, but things to watch out for is THD, make sure the power it "says" it has is RMS (continious)... voltage consumtion... for component speakers, THD is prolly the bigest thing you need to watch for, for subs you can have a higher THD because you wont hear it distort... but for components you want a lower one... In my toyota supra i had infinity kappa 42.3's, they were only 4 inch kappas handling 60 watts RMS (they said) i powered then with a Zapco 360 (50 watts x4 @ 4 ohm) and also with the JL 300/4 (75 watts x4 @ any ohm) both sounded great, i would have to recomend either of them, the crossover in the JL is incredible... and Zapco supports a special input which kills noise totally...

I pay more... I pay more for everything i get, and because i do i don't have many complaints with the products i buy... Cusco, Zapco, Infinity, Bremo, EBC, Stillen, JWT, and Factory Nissan parts. Remember, in life u get what u pay for...

Cloudedone

btw, hears a good link of some real nice amp/speaker reviews...

be careful about the amp your looking at, they don't even state its THD...

"soft turn on/off" whats the definition of "soft"?

And what i meant by the power is that it just says 4x100 RMS @ 4 ohm (i believe your kappa's are 4 ohm as well) but doesn't say at what voltage that is at or how long it can sustain it...

allot of company's hide soem facts, just becareful of it...

Cloudedone

InstantRice

that amp is poo poo, some cheaper brands are awesome that just isnt one of them.

j30t

well whats an awesome cheaper brand? its already gonna be about 220 for the 4 speakers and i dont wanna spend another 250 on an amp alone

InstantRice

well lets see, whats the rms on the speakers?

j30t

the kappas im gettin are 110 rms for the 6x9 and 60 rms for the 4x6....i was looking into getting a us acoustics 2-ch amp with 80 watts per channel to power the back and then just powering the front from the HU which is 22 watts rms. Do you think this would sound good or should i go with a 4-ch amp to power everything? Heres the review of that amp http://www.sounddomain.com/sho...X2080

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”