Is this a Scarab?

A forum for owners of S30 and S130 Datsun Z's... 240Z, 260Z, 280Z and 280ZX!
FLCARGUY1
Car: Former 260Z owner

I am sorry if I am on the wrong site. I couldn't find a 240Z site to ask my question. I have found a Z car that is a mystery to me. It has a G nose, and scarab like body modifications with two scoops behind the doors and in front of the rear wheels as I have seen on some scarabs, but the weird part is it is an L24 or L28 engine, not a V8 . I don't know nearly enough to know if this is some sort of kit sold by Scarab or if it is made by Scarab. It does not have the Scarab badges. The paint is very 70s in appearance with parallel strips in orange and what appears to be gray.
Does anyone know what this thing is? Thanks!
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to correct forum

FLCARGUY1
Car: Former 260Z owner

This is a video of a car similar to the one I found except the one I found has a G Nose. It also has the flared front wheel arches like the video car. It does not have inlets in the hood like the video car, but then again there is not a SBC under there.
Last edited by Rogue One on Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix link

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

I'm certainly no authority on body kits but there have been a number of kits come and go over the years. A scarab as their defining characteristic was the engine swap itself. Not all scarabs got the body treatments. That's not to say someone couldn't have bought scarab body kit or that there wasn't a copycat kit available. and it is possible someone converted it back to datsun power. I think the scarab kits generally spaced the front crossmember down so that would be something to check for. guessing you have no badges?

Return to “Datsun Z Forum”