is this a good start for a ls1 swap

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
leesredgt
Car: 1992 Toyota MR2 N/A
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo

i just wanted to ask yalls opinions about this car i know i should post pics up but i dont have time if you go to nissans for sale and look at the title 1993 vert shell for sale in sc,i need to know before i buy the car and need to know if its to far gone thanks in advance

watty
Car: 1UZFE V8 powered s14a, 05 Titan LE CC, 03 G35 Sedan

leesredgt wrote:i just wanted to ask yalls opinions about this car i know i should post pics up but i dont have time if you go to nissans for sale and look at the title 1993 vert shell for sale in sc,i need to know before i buy the car and need to know if its to far gone thanks in advance
From personal experience, I would start with a complete car with no rust. You will spend more money trying to fix that car than you would just buying one in better shape. This is not a cheap swap. Think about it, why would you put $5-7k in a chassis that is about to fall apart? Also, vert parts are much more difficult to come across unless you are willing to pay a premium. I would walk away from this one for anything over $200. Plus, I assume it has a salvage title which is another issue to deal with.

my $.02,Watty

leesredgt
Car: 1992 Toyota MR2 N/A
1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo

alright thanks man

Return to “Hybrids”