Is this a good deal?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
808CC

I'm currently a G owner but I've always loved the M45. In fact I fell in love with the M the day I came in to pick up my G. So after a year of having my G I found that I love it but I really want the M more. So I went down to the Infiniti dealship and they offered me a small deal on the 06 M45 sport with the journey and tech packages. He also said he'd give me a discount on the aero package since it's installed at the dealership but he hasn't given me a price on that yet. They're offering about $800 off MSRP, not including the discount they'll give me on the aero package. I'd like to know everyone's thoughts on this? I'm not planning on trading in the G, I'm planning on selling it myself.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO!

There are a few threads on deals that people have received. In general, being in an area with competition helps. So, I am not sure what possibilities you have in Hawai to get an awesome deal.

FWIW, I think that $800 off MSRP does not strike me as a great deal. You should be able to do somewhat better than that, I would think!

Z

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Check out this thread for what people here have been able to get: zerothread?id=142283

Z

808CC

Thanks,Only thing is most of those people lease. I'm planning on buying. Sucks because there isn't any competition here since we only have one Infiniti dealership.

TXSJaybird

$800 off MSRP isnt good at all.

Even though theres just 1 Infiniti dealer...you can still negotiate with another brand. "I like the M, but Joe Schmo at Lexus is offering me a killer deal on a ___. I would like to stay loyal to the Infiniti brand, but..."

BTW, Aero kit is only $1400 when ordered with the car. Maybe more in Hawaii, but not too much. Look on Infinitis website, its lists it for only $1400.

If its not already installed, theyre gonna get ya on install charges though $$...try to find one with it already on. Trust me, I decided I had to have it afterwards, cost me almost twice as much

Good luck, either way, youre gonna love your M!

SilverShadow

I do not think $800.00 off the MSRP is good; that is in the continental US, seeing you live in Hawaii that puts a different light on the subject. I ran your configuration on CarsDirect and they show MSRP, NO DISCOUNT. I guess being "Island" locked they have you over a barrel. FWIW, I ran a inquiry for a Lexus GD430 and got the same results so I would have to think all dealer in Hawaii are the same.

samshady
Car: '06 Platinum M35

IMO if $800-$2000 is the only thing in the way of getting probably the best overall luxury (for the value) sedan out there right now...you may need to consider your location and sacrifice a little. Just take on Jaybird's advice and go with the Joe Schmoe/Lexus bargain tactics!

06_M35Sport
Car: 06 M35 Sport

I just bought a M35 sport sticker was 50,190 and I got it for 46,600 I think thats a terrible deal.

TXSJaybird

Dont forget, next Friday the 31st, the LAST day of the month, they will be more willing to negotiate.

Dealers have monthly incentives. Ive had offers turned down before that were then approved the last day of the month.

They are counting on you not being able to hold out. Be strong grasshopper!

808CC

Thanks guys for all the advice. These are the times I wish I lived on the mainland so I had choices. I'll wait it out till next week. I hope I'll be able to join all the M owners here, you all seem like great people.

Thanks again.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”