Is there anything special I should do while I’m installing a full audio system?

General discussion area for the L31-chassis Altima, including the 05-06 SE-R models.
MrSlaybury
Car: 2006 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL

My 2005 Maxima was...sign...sadly totaled :( I got a good deal on a 2005 Altima, but two of the speakers are blown. So I’m replacing them today along with a SoundStream Headunit with nav and BU camera, pioneer 2 way 6.5’s in the front, pioneer 2 way 6x9’s in the back, 4ga power and ground for an alpine MRP-500, and finally hooking that up to an alpine type s 12 in a ported Box.

My main question is if there’s anything else I should be doing while I have the car apart, primarily concerning the rear deck. My Maxima has HORRIBLE deck rattle along with the third brake light hitting the glass. With some foam stuffed under the deck lid and foam strips applied in between the glass and the brake light, the rattling went away. Can I expect rattling in this Altima too? If there’s an easy DIY solution that would be helpful. I don’t have money or time for dynamat, but maybe some t shirts or rags? Any advice is appreciated, an now it’s time to start wrenching! Cheers!

macgiver

mac, If you notice rattling along panels that attached with hardware you may loosen along where you suspect noise rattles and "Spooge" some clear silicone along edges as they "Gap" when loosened , then spooge some around the hardware - let semi harden then fully tighten to you satisfaction after 45 min. or so.The foam & rags yeah ,do what ya gotta do spooge there too , obviously silicone goes on the hidden surfaces. Lastly that 4Ga power definitely needs fusing RIGHT at the battery POSTS. :yesnod

Return to “3rd Generation Altima Sedan (2002-2006)”