Is there a Webber DCOE manifold for the KA24DE???

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
Marquinho
Car: 95 911 C2, 95 MR2 NA, 82 E21

Does anyone know if there is a manifold (such as the Canon) built to mount Webber DCOE type carburetors to the DE head (16 Valve DOHC)?

I think there is one available for the KA24E, but I haven't seen one for the KA24DE

Thank you!Marco

deviousKA
Car: 90 240sx NA /72 Datsun 510 NA /86 corolla GTS NA

The only production version of a dcoe type manifold for a RWD head would be the ones used on the CORR offroad racing ka24de. These are suspected to be made by B.C Gerolamy/B.C. Heads (who also manufacture the nissan motorsports ka24e manifolds). Give them a call and ask.

Or, you could look into making your own, modifying the original manifold and welding on some weber flanges.ported for weber 50's ^

I was working with a foundry a few months ago, planned on getting a rwd head type weber manifold done up, but only had the time to get a fwd type head version. The fwd type head lacks the water neck on the intake side btw.

Marquinho

Well, I wouldn't mind using the welded flanges into the stock manifold, but I don't want to use the stock injector location (due to fuel atomization). The stock injectors bosses may be welded shot as an option.

The reason I'm looking into the DCOE manifold is because I want to mount a set of 48mm ITB made by a company in Australia that designed it just for that - here a picture of it:

This kit comes with fuel rail and ready for Japanese or Bosch type top feed injectors.

I basically want to build a well tuned KA24DE like I did a year ago with my MR2 http://pages.sbcglobal.net/marcoy/

I've been meaning to get in touch with you to see if you can help me with some of the work; I will ping you offline for that sometime soon.

One of the issues that I have is that I can build just about any engine or car, but I can't weld to save my life.
Modified by Marquinho at 9:16 PM 9/29/2005

deviousKA

Yeah the stock injection location would not offer near as good of fuel atomization, but before you weld them shut you might want to think of staged injection (8 injectors)

On my ITB manifolds/throttles, I mount my injectors underneath. With proper angle you can get straight shot right into the center of the port, and still have the injector a few inches away.

Those tweakit throttles ive seen around, they look good, although have you seen how the stacks attach to the mounting plates? They actually glue them with some sort of glue?

Ever looked into Jenvey or TWM throttles? If you have a business tax number, the cheapest are the TWM (if your in US) as you can call them up and get the jobber price.

Everyonce and a while I see some SK sanyo itb's floating around for sale, none lately though.

Ill dig through some of my pictures and see if i can find some more of the modified ka24de manifolds to show.

deviousKA

Heres a couple, not a whole lot of room under the hood of these datsun to fit those carbs so the angle isnt so great.

Marquinho

Staged injection is certainly an option, but I'm really trying to simplify things. The engine I want to build needs to be well tuned, yet have street manners as well. I need to keep this project realistic so that I can accomplish it in a reasonable amount of time and money. The plan calls for:

11:1 Compression pistons Ported head and matched intake manifold Oversize valves PDM cams with stronger valve springs Tweakit ITB and TWM plenum Hotshot Header BRM Exhaust Fidanza Flywheel MegasquirtII ECU

Right now, I want to concentrate on getting the manifold for the ITB system. I checked with Gerolami, but they seem to only work on Harley engines. TWM doesn't sale anything specific for the KA and their pricing is really high! I do like their 4 cylinder plenum.

Thank you for your assistance and I will contact you offline to see about some parts I need and see if we can come up with a manifold for ITB

Marco

deviousKA

Hey Marco,

You will have to give B.C. a call and talk to the right people to discuss the nissan carb manifolds, they do indeed manufacture them (at least ka24e).

I contacted TWM a while ago and was offered dealer wholesale price, but its quite an investment to order a few setups, and little demand.

That setup you are planning sounds excellent btw, I am running megasquirt currently and it is great. I plan to upgrade to the ms2 processor here shortly and buy another for my datsun.

Before I am ever done with ka I will have one with 12 injectors, cosworth style

Bigvinnie
Car: 2004 Nissan Frontier desert Runner, 2014 Nissan Titan

deviousKA wrote:Hey Marco,

You will have to give B.C. a call and talk to the right people to discuss the nissan carb manifolds, they do indeed manufacture them (at least ka24e).
The dimequarterly guy's cut the flanges off of the HKS and webber dual mani's. Then a flange is prefabbed to fit the DE.I have searched every where there are no webber or HKS mani's for the DE.

deviousKA

The ones used on the CORR offroad trucks for the de are a single cast part, similar to the nissan motorsports ka24e manifold.

The people I know who have modified the stock manifolds just cut some new flanges for the dcoe out of some plate.

Steven J Quinata
Car: Nissan 240 ka24de

They have

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”