Is there a resistor I can use?

Nissan 300ZX technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Slick_TopNA
Car: 1994 Nissan 300zx NA Slick-top
1991 Nissan 180sx SR20det red-top (wrecked)
2010 Hyundai Elantra (family mobile)

So, I have a 1994 300zx Slicktop NA. I'm going to be deleting the ABS here in a month or two. The motor on it just started running all the time and instead of replacing it I'm getting the delete block for it. Now I bought the car last year and it already at the EGR deleted and detonation sensor deleted but not the resistors to trick the ECU. I put those in a couple months ago to get the CEL to go off.

My question is can I do the same with the ABS sensor so that my ABS light will go off? If I can what resistor do I use? And would I wire it the same as with the EGR and detonation? Thank you for any and all answers. :dblthumb:

DCaff300ZX
Car: .
1993 CRP TT- Modified

Welcome!
Not sure about anyone else, but I myself would not be modifying or changing anything with the ABS system, or especially deleting it. Never heard of doing that either, so not sure if there's any help truly available...other than advise to not do it.

NolimitZ32
Car: 91 AG2 2+0 TTMT swap/E39 BMW 540i6/E53 4.6is Dinan S3

I have a working unit if you want to buy it. PM me. As for the resistor fix, cant help you there, never explored the possibility. If you do figure something out please do post up some info. Thanks.

Slick_TopNA

DCaff300ZX wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:46 am
Welcome!
Not sure about anyone else, but I myself would not be modifying or changing anything with the ABS system, or especially deleting it. Never heard of doing that either, so not sure if there's any help truly available...other than advise to not do it.
Thanks for your input guys. DCaff300zx, I've seen a couple guys delete the ABS. All it does is make the brakes manual. Check out this video to see the ABS delete block by Infinite Machine Concepts, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvDwryuZyeg

If the link doesn't work you can go to the guys channel at Z-Bruhz and the title of the video is Infinite Machine Concepts ABS Delete.

Slick_TopNA

NolimitZ32 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:40 am
I have a working unit if you want to buy it. PM me. As for the resistor fix, cant help you there, never explored the possibility. If you do figure something out please do post up some info. Thanks.
NolimitZ32, I might take you up on that. Of course it would depend on how much it is. And I think I am going to try to figure out how to "Hotwire" the ABS to trick the ECU into thinking it is still there. As soon as I get the delete block in and the ABS out, I'll start running some tests and will post the results on here.

Thank you both for replying and for your opinions. While I am a some what cappable mechanic the Z32 I got last year is something else entirely. But it is literally my dream car from when I was a kid so it is worth it. :mike

Return to “300ZX (Z32) Technical”