Is there a difference between the 97 J30 and the 97.5 J30?

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
fburgerod
Car: Wife, kids, sports, cars, wife.

I just replaced my passenger rear window regulator because it was binding. Cost about $90 through Scottsdale. Found out the motor was bad too. It made a loud noise that sounded like stripped gears (which are plastic, I believe). So, I replaced the motor at about $225 after the discount and it now works beautifully. As you pop the panel off the door and study the layout and scratch your head, it will all become evident. It did to me and I am only marginally mechanically inclined with cars. Plus, it feels good to know that you did it yourself and saved two hours of labor cost, as well as tax on the parts, as well as getting discounted parts to begin with. Yahoo!

alexhho

How did you remove the door pannel? I tried doing it today, but something seems to be holding it in at the middle of the pannel, so I couldn't take it off. I had removed the three bolts and the bottom, the three plastic screws on each side, the door release plastic housing and lifting the pannel up and over the plastic holder/stopper located forward, next to the outside mirror. Any help would be appreciated.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Mayhem_J30 wrote:whatever. in Fred's words after driving my car "It makes me feel like a high school punk again." it wasn't exactly what i was going for, but it works.

Chris,

I LOVED your car!It looks and drives awesome!:icesangel I didn't mind the loud exhaust at all, it was fun.:pface

Fred...:)

Return to “General Chat”