Is the dealership being honest?

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
mmaggi03

I have been trying to get an FX35, Brilliant Silver and graphite interior with Sport package, touring package and technology package. The dealership told me three weeks ago that it would be three weeeks. They have been trying to talk me into a new color, and I have said that I want a silver car and I'm standing my ground. (Is it unreasonable to ask for a color when you're spending over $40,000?)

Now they are telling me that it will take 3 months to get this car, or I can get one without the sport package and he'll throw on the 20 inch wheels and it's the same thing.

Time for a new dealership??? Is there anyway to contact Infiniti to determine if I can order this car??

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,MMaggi03

NISTECH

It is possible that it could take that long with the color and the options to be produced. Ask them if they can locate one at another dealer and do a dealer trade for it. See what their response is. We do dealer trades at our store quite frequently. This should not be a problem assuming there is one in the local region.

Omahafx
Car: any outdoor activities, cars, reading

I didn't utilize the local dealer when I bought my FX due to the same reasons as yours.........most dealers will try very hard to sell a car on their lot vs. trading or locating one for you - inventory. If you have another dealer to call in your area, do it. Ask them to locate the color/options you want. Good luck!;)

MikeNColo
Car: Love to ride Steam Trains

They should also be able to check Port and see what has come in on the boat, but then that requires someone to spend part of each day checking the computer and/or calling around - rather time consuming, when they can be walking the floor and getting someone to buy from stock on hand. Most car salespersons I've known have been a very aggressive lot, but patience and detail hasn't been a strong personality trait among any of them. Besides, most people will give in eventually if told "nothing's available, nothing's available" and buy from stock on hand anyway - especially if there isn't much competition close by.I have never met a salesman that has been totally accurate about a car, it's features, and dealership practices in the whole time I've been buying new cars (i.e. they BS alot), and that's been going on 30 years now.I say stand your ground if you are passionate about that color, and if they don't respond, call another salesman and see if he is any hungrier.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

My experience (4 months slinging Infiniti's here in AZ) has been this:

Sell from stock at ALL costs, even if it means making NO money on the car. Some dealers will do dealer swaps, but it's a PITA, and not really worth it unless you're paying a premium for the car. "Ordering" a car is an 80's concept that really doesn't exist anymore.

p.s. That price is awful high for the car you described.

Rex
Car: None

Not compared to this one :eek:.

I'm sure it's a typo. Was looking to see if they had one around here, might be worth a flight or shipping to get it months sooner at a net no-diff??

Return to “Murano Forum”