Is the 7500 mile checkup worth it?

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
blacksmaru
Car: 07 Versa SL

Just hit 7500 miles on my V. Had it since august 2007 and it just hit 7500 today, lol ...do i really need to go to the dealer and get the checkup done? I looked at the list and most of the things are really simple maintenance checks anyway... i really don`t want to pay an extra 100 bucks when i really don`t have to on top of an oil change too...

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

If you've already had your oil changed, no... not really.

15k maintenances are easy to do yourself.

I'm lazy and take my car in for 30k service intervals, since they're a little mroe involved, and I don't want to deal with working with/disposing of coolant on my property.

blacksmaru
Car: 07 Versa SL

Thanks EV, sounds like a good plan...

also, did anyone with TPMS on thier V buy new sensors for thier 2nd set of rims, or did you just switch the ones from the stock rims?

Ever Victorious

blacksmaru wrote:Thanks EV, sounds like a good plan...

also, did anyone with TPMS on thier V buy new sensors for thier 2nd set of rims, or did you just switch the ones from the stock rims?
Switched from the stock rims. I wanted to get extra sensors, but we determined that the GM-compatible sensors that were available at Discount (at the time, since there was no Nissan equivalent there) weren't compatible, and the dealership wanted too much for a set of 4.

So my snow tires go w/o pressure monitors for now.

Ezrem

Does anyone know if the Versa can handle two sets of wheels and tires with two sets of TPMS transponders? I am thinking about having separate winter and summer sets, but if I have to pay the dealer to sync the sensors every time I switch wheels, that would be annoying.

CodeRed
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S MT

Just take the sensors out and check your tire pressure every now and then.

bucksnort
Car: Versa S

That's what I did. Thinking of selling my TPMS sensors. Any offers? Any moron can check the air in their tires with a gauge. A black piece of tape covers up the warning light

Ever Victorious

Ezrem wrote:Does anyone know if the Versa can handle two sets of wheels and tires with two sets of TPMS transponders? I am thinking about having separate winter and summer sets, but if I have to pay the dealer to sync the sensors every time I switch wheels, that would be annoying.
The sensors do have to be reregistered whenever the wheels are switched. You don't have to take it to a dealer to get it done, any tire shop that deals with TPMS can do it. In fact, I could have done it, were I a less honest person... the guy who put my new wheels on left his TPMS registration tool in my car when he gave it back to me. I returned it to him later that day.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”