is that possible to add day time running light for US. model?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
mmyye
Car: blue rogue sl awd, leather premium and moonroof

saw the manual, the canadian model has the day time running light, i'm wondering if the u.s. model can add that feature on?

lozen13

Yes your dealer should be able to order the part. Fog lights work best as Daytime running

Iridiman
Car: 2008 Rogue Iridium Graphite loaded, 1996 BMW Z3 and 2001 M Roadster

I asked my dealer if daytime running lights were a possibility with the US spec HID xenon headlights found on the SL AWD Premium package and the answer was NO!!!!! Which leaves rewiring the fog lights for those of us with this package. If anyone manages to do it please post the details.I had daytime running lights on my old RAV4 and loved them.

lozen13

Ok I bought my Rogue in Nevada so it is a US Model. I have the AWD Premium Package with the Xenon headilghts. I had my dealer install daytime running lights that worked with the Fog Lights on the bottom. Cost approx $400. It was required before my car received its approval.Maybe our dealers have done so many of them that its second nature. The part required is manufactured by nissan.

exeunt
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom Pearl

My dealer installed daytime running lights on the US model before I picked it up. It essentially makes the Xenon lights stay on all the time. I may end up trying to change it to the fog lights one day.

Etch
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL - Phantom White

Ok, enlighten me, why the big fascination with daytime running lights? Why not just turn your headlights on everytime you drive your car?

exeunt
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom Pearl

For me, its Canadian law

Etch
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL - Phantom White

exeunt wrote:For me, its Canadian law
Ahh.. Well that definitely explains why you would want it then.

Iridiman
Car: 2008 Rogue Iridium Graphite loaded, 1996 BMW Z3 and 2001 M Roadster

Daytime running lights usually run at reduced intensity if using the headlights, so they last longer than turning on the headlights when running the car. In Minnesota we are required by law to have headlights on when using the windshield wipers (rain or snow). Many studies show fewer accidents when daytime running lights are used because the car is more visible.

lozen13

As we brought our cars in from the USA It was law to have them installed first. Also you are correct studies have shown that daytime running lights reduce accidents on highway travel and reduce oncoming turn accidents.

Raelly hurts the PI and spy game in canada as you cant pull up to a house with your headlights off

websfear
Car: 2008 Rogue SL Venom Red

Here in Wisconsin, there is no such thing as running lights. You have your headlights and you have parking lights. It is not legal here to drive with "parking lights".

albertwang16

I think you also might get some discount for your auto insurance if you have day time running lights...

roguered
Car: venom red/grey leather SL Rogue

I'm trading in my Subaru Forester with DRLs standard, and I want them on my new Rogue. Just yesterday I was pulling out to pass a car on a two-lane highway, when a grey car materialized in the distance. I would have seen it much sooner if it had had DRLs, and I want other drivers to see me.

The dealer is trying to be helpful but cannot find a Nissan part. They are willing to install an aftermarket kit, but it works with the headlights instead of the fog lights.

Can you give me the name of your dealer in Nevada who seems to have the answer? Or does anyone know the Nissan part number?

I've found this forum very helpful, and thanks in advance for your help.

2ebird

Yes it is possible, I personally add DTRL to to last 3 cars and trucks i have owned. It's very simple to do, It's about same difficulty as installing a radio in your car or truck..With this module it allows you to either connect low beam, high beam, parking lights and fog lights or all lights.. i have module that has been used for 2 1/2 months 4 sale for $40 plus S/H.... or brand new are $55 plus S/H ....These can be used in any car or truck EXCEPT any MITSUBISHI.. I have modules for mitsubishi they are $150 plus S/H. They are a little more difficult to install... But still easy... modules come with step by step instructions.. If anyone has any questions contact my via e-mail if your interested in purchasing a DTRL module I could list them EBAY for your protection.. let me know you want one ....thanx

[email protected]

MHmidhudson
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD / 2006 Frontier CC SE 4x4

Daytime running lights are the bane of good drivers around the world.

The Nordic countries, where DRLs originated, are at latitudes that make for long nights for half the year. NOT SO in the United States. The reason that a few manufacturers want them is because they make lots of money supplying replacements to the auto body industry. Help keep us free from DRLs---join http://www.lightsout.org today.

roguered
Car: venom red/grey leather SL Rogue

I've had daytime running lights hooked to my fog lights. (Drive In Radio - $200) I, too, traded in a Subaru Forester that had them. I drive rolling country 2-lane roads in Colorado and I can tell you that more and more cars and trucks are using daytime running lights. And most are not headlights. Many times I have been about to pull out to pass and see an oncoming vehicle sooner because of its DRLs.

Don't put them on your car if you don't want them, but spare us from the misguided need for an organization to stamp them out when others want them. What happened to personal choice?

flybooey

So it's a conspiracy thing eh'. I was wondering how long it would be before the anti-DRL links were posted.

Canada has had them for many years, (and it's not dark 20hrs of the day and general weather plays a role too) I had a 1990 sentra (RIP) that had them, they have been standard ever since. All i can say, (like the post above) is that a car with lights on is easier for me to see and determine if it's a moving occupied car than a moving vehicle without DRLs. Several times I have not seen a car (grey crappy day with light coloured car or sunny day with sun facing the vehicle) moving towards me as i began to enter from a cross street. If it saves my life or prevents me from crushing someone even once because they saw me..... it's good enough for me.

It's not always about gov't control
Modified by flybooey at 6:19 PM 3/6/2008

Return to “Rogue Forum”