Is Nissan serious?

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
BamaCoupe
Car: 2011 G37 Coupe

Apparently this is a couple months old news, but I'm just now discovering this and I haven't seen anyone post it here. They (Nissan) discontinues the Altima Coupe and plans to release this in its place? Better yet; they really think this ugly whatever will compete against the FR-S and BR-Z? The Nissan design department and corporate office should be drug tested.
http://www.carscoops.com/2014/01/nissan ... it-at.html
Nissan is really pissing me off these days; how am I suppose to stand up and support my automotive brand of choice when they do something like this. Even if it's a quick little car it still looks like this; like a Fiat I wouldn't be caught dead driving something that looks like that.

jbracy7
Car: 94 GTS TYPE-M in a dozen pieces

Imo.You are in the minororty there, yes its UGLY its rwd,no cvt(praying) 2seater from nissan. How about we make it look better change what we can and lease it so they (nissan) can, see we like and build a S13 revamp

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

BamaCoupe wrote:Apparently this is a couple months old news, but I'm just now discovering this and I haven't seen anyone post it here...
In the Altima forum no, but there's four pages with over 100 posts on it here: Nissan IDx Concept - Is this our affordable RWD sports car?

Try moving out of your comfort zone and head over to NICOclub Forums ‹ General Discussions ‹ General Chat every so often.

jbracy7

I try but I'm not cool enough to hang with u guys

BamaCoupe

Rogue One wrote:
BamaCoupe wrote:Apparently this is a couple months old news, but I'm just now discovering this and I haven't seen anyone post it here...
In the Altima forum no, but there's four pages with over 100 posts on it here: Nissan IDx Concept - Is this our affordable RWD sports car?

Try moving out of your comfort zone and head over to NICOclub Forums ‹ General Discussions ‹ General Chat every so often.
The only other place I go is the for sale and the Z sub forums, but haven't in a while.

I'm pleased that Nissan is coming out with an entry level rwd coupe (rebirth of the Silvia), but the body styling must go through a major redesign for me to ever consider trading my boring ole fwd CVT Altima Coupe for that. The BR-Z looks good; this does not. To me styling and nice body lines is as important as "fun to drive." The body design is the ugliest coupe design I have seen since the last gen Monte Carlo and some of the crap that came out in the 70's and 80's.
Last edited by BamaCoupe on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BamaCoupe

Rogue One wrote:
In the Altima forum no, but there's four pages with over 100 posts on it here: [url=nissan-
Best post yet from that thread, and I agree completely:
themadscientist wrote:Oh for the love of Mr. K, WTF is that? God dammit Nissan, you suck.

Nissan, you went full retard. Even Toyota when they flirted with being lame just stole the name 86. They didn't try to steal the lines of it. They even designed a new car, durp! Nissan, you never go full retard. :nono:

Carlos Ghosn is simple jack

This thing displeases me simple jack.

jbracy7

I plan geting one to see if i can "fix" the fugly. Like when ya daughter brings home her "friend" from collage.

BamaCoupe

^ Ok; good luck with that.

TAMU_QR25DE
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL 140,500miles, bought 2013

jbracy7 wrote:Imo.You are in the minororty there, yes its UGLY its rwd,no cvt(praying) 2seater from nissan. How about we make it look better change what we can and lease it so they (nissan) can, see we like and build a S13 revamp

yes, please, no CVT please.
RWD manual that's it. I don't care if it's ugly or what, as long as it's RWD 4CYL Manual under 20k I'll buy it.
ugly is fine. it's called art.

Any condition not satisfied, sorry, no.
must have 4cyl
manual transmission
Under 20k. If it's sold above 20k it is ugly.

BamaCoupe

What happen; about five years ago there was a few good looking S16 concepts that came out. Now they're doing a rebirth of the Datsun 510? I think there is a reason why the original hasn't survived beyond the junkyard today; they're not a desirable collector like several from its day, and we all forgot about them for good reason.

00pathyse
Car: 2000 Nissan Pathfinder SE
2007 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE Sedan

That thing looks sweet! Exactly what Nissan needs to start designing imo!

seldomseen
Car: '12 Altima Coupe 3.5 SR & '15 Lexus GS350 F Sport

The Nissan IDx is pretty much still a concept vehicle and probably will not be released in the next 3-5 years. If it's even released at all. Nissan has a couple of other more realistic concept vehicles that still hasn't been assigned an assembly line date.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”