Is my Starter my problem?

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
burningskulls

Hello all-

I have a 1992 SE coupe. Last night my car would not start and when I would turn the key I would get just a click. The first time I did it I got a couple clicks and after that it was just one click everytime I turned the key. All electrical things were working properly. I just cursed it and went out to the bar. This morning I got up for work and tried it and it fired up. I figure it is the starter and it just caught this morning. But I just wanted to get anoter opinion.

Secondly, assuming it is the starter, is it an easy thing to replace. The instructions on 240sx.org look pretty self-explanatory but if you guys have any tips let me know.

Last, whats the generally cheapest auto parts place for that kinda stuff.

thanks for any help,Micah

P.S. I wanna know why this damn driving moms car thing is here if i find out who did that im gonna drill a hole into hell and let the demons out for them.....jk

pancito
Car: CARS!!!

The cheapest way to find out (from a non technical, lazy a** like me :D ) is to check the battery first, take it to a autozone, napa or something, and have them check it, or just use jumper cables first.. if your sure that is NOT the battery, then check the rest of the stuff. BTW what car do you have age and miles? because i have driven previous cars way past 130k miles and never had much electrical issues, but the battery it self.

s14vaxlr8

i could be wrong but this is how we could tell

if your starter is bad, it shouldnt be able to be jump started

if thats the case, roll down a hill and hold the clutch in with 2nd gear , then just pop it out and slam the gas, it will boggle a little bit but it should start

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”