Is it worth Chipping my Z32TT? Thoughts, Recommendations

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
CarKrush
Car: 1990 300ZX Twin Turbo

NOTICE
- This is my second car, and it is my daily driver. I need my car to be reliable, or at least as reliable as a Z32TT can be.
- My car has 84k mls so I'm not sure if it's worth doing since its kinda "low" milage.
- I might want to sell the car eventually, and I'm sure that doing this could possibly destroy my cars value.

Anyway...
- I've had my car for about a year now and I love almost everything about my Z32TT. I love that the car is comfortable, different, and (at least with mine) it has been reliable. A large part of me wants to keep the car stock cause it is great the way it is, and with seeing all of these stock Mrk4 Supras and 2000GT's selling for sick money I think maybe I should leave it as is. However, I can't but feel like a little more horsepower from some real boost would make the car a lot more fun. My car has the 14lb Boost gauge stock as well, so (even though many would say to get an aftermarket one) that's one less thing I would have to change when doing it . After looking into for a good bit, I've seen that the best thing for me to is chip my car and add some boost jets with a Jim Wolf set up or something similar. A large part of me says that this is bad idea because I daily the car, but another part of me thinks that this could make the car a lot more fun. Also if I ever wanted to sell it I could take the jets and chip (swap with stock chip) off the car.

Does anyone daily a Chip Tuned Z32TT, and is it worth it?

Just wanted a few opinions from people who know more than I do, thanks. :chuckle:

ALSO
If anyone knows of a reliable Z32 shop on Long Island in NY that would be great!

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

Worth it? I think only you can answer that.
My comments:
-If you plan on selling it, Keep it as original as possible; Not worth
-For pleasure of driving and increasing boost def worth it, but I would at least plumbed in a manual BC and gauge. I would also recommend a POP intake if you want to make the most of the increased boost.
For the Later, you will need your ECU socketed for a tuned chip and plug in the OEM chip and remove MBC when deciding to sell.

SZ, Harry, COZ, JWT, ASH and Z1 all provide this service.

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”