Is it the starter or is it the 5 degrees..

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
O5Q45
Car: 2005 Q45 Base sedan

Has anyone else noticed that the Mitsubishi parts attached to these cars are absolute junk? I have replaced 2 alternators and now it looks like a starter. Both Mitsubishi products. If anyone doubts me, look up the Nissan Cima and the Mitsubishi Dignity..

Anyways- I noticed about a month ago when I release the key and disengage the starter it makes this metallic noise until it stops spinning. In the mornings when it’s cold it much louder. This morning mid crank the starter stoped and missed a beat then continued. I think I remember my Subaru Outback doing this years ago and it was some sort of grease around brushes or something.. I’ve found several on car part . com for 35-55$.. since the Infiniti dealer wants a kidney.. if this is what it is, has anyone found a cheaper alternative that worked and continues to work..?

EdBwoy

So you're not having any starting issues, just a funny sounding starter? If you were having slow or missing starts, I'd have recommended to check your battery and the connections to it - like this thread: intermittent-no-start-with-click-sound-t618766.html

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”