Is it real?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
Melophile

So I was just cruising around the city and out of no where, I see this car swerving in and out of traffic. To my surprise it was a Skyline, but I was a little confused. I live in the States and I heard getting a street-legal Skyline is quite a hefty price and pretty rare.

So my question is:
- Is this real? Not some conversion body kit?
- If real, is it the GTR or the GTT?

I would've tried to get a better picture, but I saw lots of cops 10 minutes prior and I didn't want to risk swerving in and out of traffic just to get a picture.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

It looks like a real R34, not a GT-R.

Other than a Motorex car with the bond release letter any other Skyline is illegally in the country. That's the only legit way to own one until we hit 25 years next year and people start paying WAAAAAAY too much for rusty 89's

i wanaskyline
Car: 99 and 00 Mustang both in the USA. Nissan R'nessa, and 2 R32 GTR's

GTT for sure. 100% illegal...from everything I've ever read the Only R34's grandfathered were GTR's...Sean Could answer this way better then I could though.

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

Its fun to see, living in a military heavy area, I see them from time to time. I know of a few private citizens that own a few too, but I'm sure at one time they were owned by Navy guys.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”