Is it Possible to Reset the "Best Fuel Economy" screen in 2018 Rogue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Altair 4
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV - Rogue 1
2020 Nissan Rogue SV - Rogue 2

I'm referencing the vehicle information display in the center of the instrument cluster. When the vehicle is turned off and before a door is opened, a screen appears that shows recent fuel economy by trip over the last several trips. The "best" fuel economy can be preserved by pressing the "OK" button on the left side of the steering wheel. I'd like to zero out the "best" reading and start over again. It reads almost 50 mpg now, set by the last driver. From what I can tell, that was a reset after a coast down a long hill, with a shut down of the vehicle at the bottom of the hill. I've checked the search here but found nothing (might be using the wrong search parameter). Interestingly, I don't see anything in the owner's manual about the feature or a possible reset. Thanks!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I don't see anything in the OM or ESM either, but two suggestions. First, try zeroing the numbers in the "trip" screen that shows elapsed time, average speed, etc. That clears a lot of the "transient" parameters stored in the cluster, so the "best" number may zero along with it. If that doesn't work, try disconnecting battery negative for about 5 seconds. Most Nissan clusters don't have backup power and transient values like trip odos and DTE will reinitialize when the battery goes down. However, you'll probably also lose settings like car color, menu preferences, etc, so do that only as a last resort.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Yes there should be an option in the settings menu IICR. I done it on my 2016. It should be under ECO report (something along those lines) and somewhere in that setting should be a reset option.

@VStar650CL . Resetting trip screen doesn't do anything regarding resetting the ECO report. ECO report is completely separate from the Trip A/B computer.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

datechboss101 wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:24 pm
@VStar650CL . Resetting trip screen doesn't do anything regarding resetting the ECO report. ECO report is completely separate from the Trip A/B computer.
Good to know, thanks! That sort of firmware gets updated with every year on every model, and it's frankly hard for us to keep up with all of it. It isn't like Nissan publishes a global list of "features updates" that we can refer to. Occasional input from owners like yourself is more helpful than you know. :)

Lone Wolff
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 5.4L
2010 Ford Fusion SEL

On my 2015 I noticed that it reset when I got a new battery. That would align with what VStar had mentioned regarding the negative battery cable. But yes, I'd think their would be a way to reset it outside of that.

Altair 4

Thanks, all. I thought about disconnecting the battery, but I'm not up for that right now. If it can't be reset internally, I'll wait for "time to change the battery" for the reset. Thanks again.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Altair 4 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:36 am
Thanks, all. I thought about disconnecting the battery, but I'm not up for that right now. If it can't be reset internally, I'll wait for "time to change the battery" for the reset. Thanks again.
You can do it internally. I basically lived in my 2016 Rogue for the past 2 years/55k miles and I have done it numerous times after each semester ended. You need to go into the ECO report settings into the MID and reset it. That's how I was able to clear off my 43 MPG that was shown on the report on my 2016. This method works well with the 2014-2020 Rogues (except the 2014-15 Rogue Select). Definitely no need to remove the negative battery cable.

Altair 4

Yep, that did it! Thanks for posting those instructions. Took me awhile to figure it out in the menus, but once there it worked just as you described.

Return to “Rogue Forum”