Is it possible to put a 2011 or newer gauge cluster in 07 G35S sedan?

Discussion forum for body kits, repair, modifications, interior styling, Audio / Video and internal/external lighting.
lojack44
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35S 6-speed sedan slate
2007 Infiniti G35S auto w/ paddle shifters black on black

My gauge cluster on my 6-speed is doing a flicker thing with the bulbs, which seem to be a common problem with these vehicles. I was thinking about just getting a new gauge cluster, but I was looking at the newer ones (2011 and up) with the white LCD in the middle of the cluster rather than the orange and I like it better.

Is it a direct fit to put a newer one in as long as it has the same 3 options (manual transmission, navi, and adaptive cruise)?

Also, is there a step by step somewhere on removing the original cluster? I know you don't have to remove the whole dash, maybe a YouTube video I didn't spot or something...

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

I was not able to get it to work. I was going the opposite way to try a modification out. Also be aware that when you switch guages, you will hve to get the mileage corrected.

sev
Car: 2010 Infiniti EX35

its not too hard to fix the flickering if you know how to solder. I bought a donor cluster on my ex35 (to make sure the LED colors match) and desoldered a few LED's and soldered them to my cluster. Issue is fixed!

Return to “G35 and G37 Interior, Exterior and Audio”