Is it possible to get the tiny bulbs in the switches?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
RobertsnewQ

The little green light on my cruise switch died. I popped it apart and found that the little "grain of wheat" bulb is cooked. I suppose I could just call Joe, but I'm busy with work today and won't be able to. Knowing Nissan, the little bulb will cost more than a used switch, but at least it will last for a while longer.

goody90q45
Car: 1992 Q45 (sold)

I just bought my 94 Q a few months ago and wondered if the cruise switch had a light since mine doesn't light up either. I'll be interested in the answer to your question.

What is the process for removing the switch? Is it pryed loose from the front or do you have to get to it from behind the panel?

Mike'94 Q45

RobertsnewQ

It comes out to the front but it is easier if you remove the panel.

Get your fingers under the bottom edge and pop it off. Then push the switch out.

Once you have the switch on the bench, you have to remove its finishing ring - do that by pushing the little catch on the switch and pulling.

The bulb is housed in a little brown socket on the bottom of the switch.

goody90q45
Car: 1992 Q45 (sold)

Thanks for the reply. Are the lights available through Infiniti?

Mike94Q45

Jeff Williams
Car: 1994 Q45t, 2000 I30t, 2004 M45, 71, 72, 73, 82 & 2000 Corvettes

I just got a switch from Slim. Layla had the smae issue. A lot of her door switch bulbs are burned out, and none of the window switches light up anymore.

If anybody gets a part number, I need a dozen or so. I would hope they are all the same bulb. Mabye Wes could salvage al lteh ones out of his old Q for us.

The Corvette guys are putting blue LED bulbs in their cars, and changing the look of the car at night.

I would love for someone to try this with the Q, and her picky electrical system. I know asome of the "J" guys have done the blue LED replacement on the console lights.

nchopp
Car: 2007 BMW M6
2002 Infiniti Q45
2005 Infiniti QX56

I need to hit up the lights on mine, too.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

I know the lights in the door switches and the dash lights are all the same, but the ones in the window switches are not replaceable from what I recall.. apparently they used to make them but no longer do... Joe can get the other ones as well......

RobertsnewQ

Jeff Williams wrote:
The Corvette guys are putting blue LED bulbs in their cars, and changing the look of the car at night.

I would love for someone to try this with the Q, and her picky electrical system. I know asome of the "J" guys have done the blue LED replacement on the console lights.
It would be possible, but you would have to install a resistor in the wires leading to the light. Also it might be tricky to solder or otherwise attach the LED to the socket.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”