Is it possible to buy a quiet muffler for FX35

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
dongdong

I am new to this Forum and also a new FX35 owner.

I would love to make my FX35 quiet, if it is possible. I drove RX300 before, love FX35 style and size. However, I miss the quietness of RX300.

Any suggestion?

Salsa
Car: Dance

I test drove both cars on the same day and the Lexus RX 330 didn't seem much quieter than the FX35 to me, even on the highway. Although the Infiniti made a little bit more noise, the Lexus actually bothered me more because it had a higher pitch. The Infiniti had a deep, throaty sound like a nice sports car. I'm not a sports car kind of guy, but I went with the Infiniti because it drove so much better.

dongdong

I agree Salsa's point. On the highway, RX330 has more wind rush noise (not engine-muffler-exhaust noise). I believe it should be easy for Infiniti to manufacture two kinds of muffler for customer to choose.

ARH1956

dongdong wrote:I am new to this Forum and also a new FX35 owner.

I would love to make my FX35 quiet, if it is possible. I drove RX300 before, love FX35 style and size. However, I miss the quietness of RX300.

Any suggestion?
You probably should have bought the Lexus. It's designed for relaxing jaunts into the country & a serene, sedate lifestyle. The FX designers targeted those who want a little more room in their Sports Car. It runs like, handles like, looks like, & yes, SOUNDS like a sports car. You'll never be happy trying to make it a "Laid-Back" , Quiet, Blend Into The Background, vehicle, sorry. The RX330 is a nice vehicle, I just don't do NICE all that well, good luck.

Omahafx
Car: any outdoor activities, cars, reading

I wouldn't change that sound for nothin.......but I'm sure you will find something aftermarket that will help. Good luck.

YSWEATME
Car: Infiniti FX 35 Sport Package, Honda Accord EX, Ford Mustang GT, Honda CBR 600 F4

I've got to admit. The sound is one of the first things that I noticed when I started the car up at the dealership. And it was a HUGE selling point for me.

Salsa
Car: Dance

I agree with you that the engine sounds great, but I also agree with the poster who thinks the car has too much road noise on the highway. I'm going to test drive some mini-vans for my highway trips. I'll just use the FX around the neighborhood.

Onizuka
Car: 91 coupe w/s13 SR20DET 89 hatch w/s14 SR20DE

I think nissan/infiniti definatly went the right way with making sporty exaust sounds part of the stock package on most of their vehicles.

Return to “Murano Forum”