Is differences in caliper piston extensions a problem and if so, what steps to resolve

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
gfr92y
Car: 2018 Nissan Altima SL L4-2.5L (QR25DE)

Here is the situation...

Car: 2018 Nissan Altima

I wanted to make sure none of the caliper pistons were frozen, so I asked my son for some help, he ask what I wanted him to do, and I said, "It's very simple, just start the car and step on the brakes 3 or 4 times."

I put a piece of wood in the passenger-side rear caliper and went to the shed to get four more pieces of wood; three for the other calipers and one for behind the brake pedal. While I was in the shed, my son walked in the garage sooner than I ever expected, hopped in the car, started it, and applied the brakes four times.

You know what happened...

The pistons in the three unblock calipers popped out (with no visual damage) and brake fluid went everywhere.

So, I pushed the pistons back in the calipers so each of them were at the same level, i.e., see Driver-side Rear, blocked the other tires and brake pedal and had him slowly depress the brakes until the piston extending fastest, i.e., Passenger-side Front, almost touched the wood. Below are the pictures. The Passenger-side Rear pictures were not any good.

Is this a problem and if so, what steps do I need to take to resolve the problem?

Thanks to anyone who can help!
36.jpg

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I doubt that's a problem, you probably just sucked varying amounts of air into the three unblocked legs after the pistons popped out.

gfr92y
Car: 2018 Nissan Altima SL L4-2.5L (QR25DE)

I've been permanently banned because of my IP address!

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”