Is Blind spot a showstopper for Rogue?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
singu31

Hi,I am considering buying the Rogue. I have not test driven it but I have travelled in my sister's Rogue. I was very impressed with it. I am 6' tall and there is plenty of legroom and headroom. The leather package and the premium package are a steal for under $27000 including Bluetooth and Bose speakers.

But the only thing that makes me hesitate is the blind spot problem most of them are reporting. Is this a real serious issue for which I should look towards the Rav4 or the CR-V? I am a new driver and not too experienced and am afraid if this is a serious problem. Is it easy to get used to this pretty quick?

All current Rogue owners, I need your valuable inputs on this. Please send in your comments. Other than this one problem everything else is really good and I like the Rogue very much.

crypto1300
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Iridium Graphite Premium Package

You should check out this thread.

zerothread/315139

My wife and I used this technique to set the mirrors and haven't had a problem since.

http://cartalk.com/content/features/mirrors/

But, before discovering the proper way to set the mirrors I was having some serious issues. It took about a week to get used to the new settings, but all is good now.

Rogueman
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD

My wife is 5 foot even and i always ask her how is the blindspot for her and no complains. I believe you'll learn to adapt quickly in situations like backin up or changing lanes if you know how to use your existing mirrrors.

PCY

I too did notice about the blind spot. I just adjust the mirror outwards a little more and the blindspot is minimized. If it bothers me some more, I will stick on the mini mirrors on the side mirrors. It's really no big deal at all.

-Peter-

Derango
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Package

I know it's there, but I've compensated by setting my mirrors slightly different and doing more head turning to check my blindspots. I'm used to it now and it's by no means a showstopper. It's not much worse than any other SUV is these days.

northhoustonser
Car: Spec V

do not buy a nissan... they are full of problems... nissan is not what it used to be... i regret buying my 07 sentra se-r specV. i have only owned it for 8 months and it has had nothing but problems. i have had steering column replaced, brakes replaced twice, relays replaced twice... and have had to put up with cheap parts falling apart and cracking and rattling to ruin the drive in the interior. not to mention that the car only has 12k miles on it and it is only worth at 12k resale value when nissan sold it at 23k. also the blinds spots on my car are ridiculous and even dangerous at times and the paint is very very cheap. i should have bought a civic Si but too late now. i recommend you to go with a cr-v or a toyota. good luck.

jklph

thanks for the informative links on how to properly adjust the side mirrors. i have virtually zero blind spots now combined with my oversized rear-view mirror. i used to drive a bigger SUV. my new Rogue has better all-around visibility than my old Honda Passport (I didn't know about the proper setting of side-mirrors back then).

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

Derango wrote:I know it's there, but I've compensated by setting my mirrors slightly different and doing more head turning to check my blindspots. I'm used to it now and it's by no means a showstopper. It's not much worse than any other SUV is these days.
ditto

Return to “Rogue Forum”