Is anyone driving a 2022 QX60 yet?

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
Missouri Swede
Car: 2022 QX60 Sensory AWD. Deep Bordeaux.

[Gone:
2012 G37x. Graphite Shadow. Navigation and Premium Package. Retired in 2021.
2013 JX35. Midnight Garnet. Premium Package. Replaced with QX60 in 2022.]

Hey guys,

My wife's daily driver is a JX35 with 130k on it. We've been trying to plan for its eventual replacement, so we've been wanting to see what the 2022 QX60 is like. In July, the dealer said late August, and of course in December it's still not available to even see/test drive.

It got me wondering: is there ANYONE out there who has purchased/leased a 2022 QX60 yet?

Of course we're interested in what people think of it, but my question is more about production & availability. Has anyone (other than youtube channel testers) seen this car around or bought it? Thanks.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

I see your interest has also been piqued by the universally enthusiastic reviews. (No, I don't have one just felt like replying :) )

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

I test drove one and honestly, I'm smitten. It's VERY nice. Granted I drove the Autograph version that I likely wouldn't actually purchase, but Infiniti/Nissan FINALLY got it right. It, frankly, blew my mind. To the point where I am considering trading in both my '11 M56x and '16 QX60 (both fully loaded - 140kmi and 60kmi respectively) for one. But I might hold out for another 2-3 years until leases start coming back. It's so good that I won't even bother driving other brands to see what they have.

The only thing I'd change is, on the darker colors, wrap or paint the faux exhaust ports on the back bumper. The 9AT is great. It feels good and drives good. Interior is great, feels great and all that...

PalmerWMD

Ilya wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 2:50 pm
I test drove one and honestly, I'm smitten. It's VERY nice. Granted I drove the Autograph version that I likely wouldn't actually purchase, but Infiniti/Nissan FINALLY got it right. It, frankly, blew my mind. To the point where I am considering trading in both my '11 M56x and '16 QX60 (both fully loaded - 140kmi and 60kmi respectively) for one. But I might hold out for another 2-3 years until leases start coming back. It's so good that I won't even bother driving other brands to see what they have.

The only thing I'd change is, on the darker colors, wrap or paint the faux exhaust ports on the back bumper. The 9AT is great. It feels good and drives good. Interior is great, feels great and all that...
That is good to hear.
I want our brand to be as successful as possible!

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Yep, same. I also liked the haptic touch panel for the climate control, etc., the heads-up display, etc. I wasn't able to really test the tech as I didn't have my phone cable on me so wasn't able to confirm how good Android Auto, etc. was. But the sound system sounded really good.

jdsaengine
Car: 2019 Audi A7
2017 Corvette Vert
2014 QX60

Our dealership had an Autograph on the showroom floor. It was sold so no way to test drive, but did sit in it. Looked nice. They have 28 coming in over the next 3 mo and all are sold. We put a $1000 deposit down to get on the list to test drive the next one they get that is NOT sold. If we like it we can buy it. Trouble is there are about 50 ahead of us on that list so at the very least we may not get to even test drive one till next fall. WE also said we only want a red one with ivory interior in the LUX, so that may put us into 2023 !!

We have a 2014 QX60 with 61K mi and never had a lick of trouble with it. We bought it off the lot on a whim one Saturday. Those days of buying an Infiniti like that are gone I'm afraid.

PalmerWMD

jdsaengine wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:54 am

1)Our dealership had an Autograph on the showroom floor. It was sold so no way to test drive, but did sit in it. Looked nice.
2)They have 28 coming in over the next 3 mo and all are sold. We put a $1000 deposit down to get on the list to test drive the next one they get that is NOT sold. If we like it we can buy it. Trouble is there are about 50 ahead of us on that list so at the very least we may not get to even test drive one till next fall. WE also said we only want a red one with ivory interior in the LUX, so that may put us into 2023 !!

3)We have a 2014 QX60 with 61K mi and never had a lick of trouble with it. We bought it off the lot on a whim one Saturday.
1)Thanks for the intel. :yesnod
Next time you check it out please take pics. :naughty:
I believe pics "in the wild" convey the car better than professional manufacturer or even magazine review pics.

2) Its amazing what you tell me about the apparent popularity. Wow just wow. While for the individual consumer (you) this is a hassle, it also is gratifying to hear that this is clearly a success for our brand.

3) Rather than trade it in, please be sure to post it FS here on Nico in the classifieds section. Folks here appreciate a Nico member maintained Infiniti and might just hop in a plane to your location ( I've done it before myself)

Finally please keep us posted if and when you do pick one ! :wavey:

Ilya

Here are some exterior shots of the one I test drove, I didn't take any pics of the interior just a few videos for my wife but they are all in Ukrainian and me creamin my pants so I shall not be posting those, lol.

I've learned that the lower level models don't have the chrome faux exhaust ports but have body color. Body color looks WAY better.

Missouri Swede

[Gone:

We got to test drive one a few weeks ago, and it seems nice. Main competition for our needs is the Genesis GV80. Demand for the new QX60 is high with our dealer--he's got a couple of dozen people with deposits down for as-yet unbuilt QX60s, so we were planning just to wait things out for a while.

The dealer called us up and let us know about one that they'll be getting, but none of the people ahead of us are interested in that particular color (deep bordeaux) and option package (Sensory). So we put down a deposit. Expected sometime in April (we'll see).

PalmerWMD

That deep Bordeaux is one of the most attractive colors available anywhere.
it is not a "loud" red at all : )

jdsaengine
2017 Corvette Vert
2014 QX60

well send that one over to my dealership. We put down $1000 to be on the list for the first Sensory or Lux Bordeaux with ivory interior they get. So far they have offered us two different blues and a white one, we turned down all 3. Dealer said we might get one we want by mid-late summer

Missouri Swede

[Gone:

jdsaengine wrote:
Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:08 pm
well send that one over to my dealership. We put down $1000 to be on the list for the first Sensory or Lux Bordeaux with ivory interior they get. So far they have offered us two different blues and a white one, we turned down all 3. Dealer said we might get one we want by mid-late summer
It's the color of the car we test drove so we got to see it in real life and liked it, but I think she also could have gone with some of the others including grand blue (but probably not the moonbow blue) if it worked out that way. The interior is the color she wants (graphite)--she's tired of color transferring from clothing to light colored leather, and she's seen charcoal/black interior in two of my cars (Infiniti G37, now Audi A5), so has seen what it's like on a daily basis.

A lot of people are holding out for an Autograph, so that's probably why we got the call even though we're WAY down the list. Would have preferred a Sensory with added vision package and probably towing package (this one doesn't have those), but those aren't enough for us to pass on this.

Now we're looking over videos, learning how the tech works. Been some significant upgrades since 2013 and we'll have fun getting used to them. :dblthumb:

jdsaengine
2017 Corvette Vert
2014 QX60

Our 9yr old QX60 has ivory interior and I've never seen color transfer you speak of. However, I do lather on the leather conditioner though, and at 60K mi, the seats don't get much wear. I do hate the ivory carpet we have and noticed after a few model years they stopped dong that and went black carpet regardless of seat color. I'm constantly getting out the carpet cleaner and use floor mats. We have the DVD entertainment package and now they don't offer that. Our 3yr old grand daughter will miss watching Looney Tunes from the second row seat screens. Guess we will just have to give her an I-pad for travel

I prefer the Sensory to get the heads up display and other goodies. Don't want the Autograph because we prefer 2nd row bench seats rather than captains chairs. And neither of us like the crisscross look of the padded dash and seats of the Autograph

perrone13
Car: 2015 Q50 AWD Premium

Purchased a Graphite Shadow Sensory at the end of November...traded in our 2019 Hermosa QX60 and couldn't pass up the deal.

Looking at the front, sides and rear, the lines are not aggressive but still scream "look at me'. I really do love looking at it sitting in the driveway, very sleek.

Technology is sooooooo much better than the older models...of course it is since they haven't changed it from the 2012-13 JX models.

Seats are ridiculously comfortable, very supple leather and the 'zero gravity' really does make a difference on those long drives.

The 9 speed auto is a little difficult to get used to but the fact that there is an actual transmission instead of CT is a huge selling point.

Performance is a little lacking, the car does kind of 'lean back' when you hit the accelerator to get to cruising speeds or try and pass but this is a family vehicle so it has plenty of power when called upon...if you're looking for sports car type handling or acceleration, don't consider buying a 3 row vehicle lol

Had it for 7 months now and it is still a pleasure to drive...normally the luster wears off after a little but of owning a new car but so far I still look forward to driving it.

One of Infiniti's best upgrades if you ask me...a much needed overhaul to their best seller over the years. Price tag is a little heftier than the previous model but when compared to other 3 rows from different competitors, lots of bang for your buck

Missouri Swede

[Gone:

We picked up my wife's 2022 QX60 Sensory AWD yesterday. Very nice.

IMG_6496 copy.JPG

Dealer (Infiniti of Springfield, Missouri) has been great through this whole thing. MSRP, no "market adjustment." They've been easy to work with on our previous Infiniti purchases, and the service department has always been excellent.

According to our salesman, they've built about 1000 of the 2022 QX60s so far. Only a handful of those in our region. Can't order one to customer spec yet (at least not here)--they get their allotment from Infiniti. We were fortunate that this one was so close to what we would have custom ordered.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”