Is $5,300 a good deal on this 6mt coupe with 147k?

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
chezzen
Car: 1993 300zx 2+2 NA

Hi guys I have been looking to buy a g35 coupe with manual trans for a while now.
I came across this 2006 coupe with 147k miles, I went to check it out and it was SUPER CLEANN inside out (other than the hood), the interior looks 9/10
it has bc coilovers, megan rear camber kit and topspeed exhaust, 0 engine mods. heres a link to it
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/it ... 756313643/

but here are the problems:
After the test drive the engine OVERHEATED while idling, the owner stated it NEVER happened before
low power steering fluid
Some black stuff on the tip of the dipstick, i don't know if that was just from pulling out the dipstick as it was EXTREMELY hard to do or put it back in

The guy would go down to 5300 and that's it, but my offer is 5200 minus how much it would cost to fix the overheating issue(I will get a pre-purchase inspection before I buy)
Should I go ahead and accept the offer for 5300 or should I insist on my offer? whats the worst case scenario on the overheating issue because I don't want to miss out on such a clean g.
thanks in advance!
Attachments
IMG_1924.jpg
IMG_1922.jpg
IMG_1867.jpg
IMG_1865.jpg

chezzen

also I test drove the car it ran smooth and pulled hard, no smoke coming out of the exhaust.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Without the red flags I'd say pull the trigger.. this way.. can u afford to have a Nissan tech look at it?... Any movement of the dial is a significantly elevated temperature since they are dampened by design so folks would not get too alarmed too quickly.

How id u detect the overheating? steam, gauge, or?

Does the guy have the matching wheels or are they still mismatched?

chezzen

PalmerWMD wrote:
Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:04 am
Without the red flags I'd say pull the trigger.. this way.. can u afford to have a Nissan tech look at it?... Any movement of the dial is a significantly elevated temperature since they are dampened by design so folks would not get too alarmed too quickly.

How id u detect the overheating? steam, gauge, or?

Does the guy have the matching wheels or are they still mismatched?
We were making a deal so we were just there talking for about 15 mins while the car was just there running. I saw the steam coming out of the coolant tank then I peeaked inside and I saw the needle all the way up to H so I shut the engine right off

Fortunately he has two sets of wheels but one wheel doesnt hold air:(

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

That overheating thing worries me.

Even if it "just" needs a new thermostat or radiator.. these are aluminum engines .. have the issues explored by a actual tech who will look at the car.
It doesnt have to be an infiniti tech ( nissan also has this exact engine in many applications as u know)

tjrob2000
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35 Journey sedan

Did you end up getting it? Or did the overheating concerns keep you wisely away?

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”