Iron Horse Detail

From wax to washes, the Detailing Forum should be used for questions and ideas concerning exterior and interior cleaning and appearance
Sal329

ONR PC 4" White LC padMeg 205#0000 Steel WoolFK 1000p Hi Temp WaxWet Obsession waxOpt Opti SealMeg Hot Rim Chrome PolishDuragloss 501Meguairs Ultimate CompoundSC Grime Destroyer 1:1MS SGS 8:1Vroom Drying towelShag RagSuperfly towelsWalmart MF towelsLots of different brushes

I washed the Bike with ONR. Polished all chrome with #0000 Steel wool, blew off all the particles with this cool lil blower the owner had. SCGD used on parts of the engine and calipers, various brushes and MF towels used to aggitate. MS SGS on wheels, MF towels ued to clean. Sprayed the entire bike with ONR a QD dilution with pressure sprayer wiped with Shag rag dried with Vroom. Polished all metal with Meg Hot Rims. I polished by hand the rear fender but I did not like the results. So I used PC, 4" flat LC white pad with M205. Primed the pad with 205 using my hand and a MF towel. 2 small dots on the pad speed 6 with some pressure I polished, then backed down to speed 3.5 with just the weight of the PC. I did this on all the paint I could get to. The areas I polished by hand I used Meg Yellow foam pads and Meg UC followed by M205. 1st layer of FK 1000p put on the paint. DG 501 applied to chome and metal. Wiped off FK 1000p, applied second layer, wiped off DG 501. Waited and cleaned up. Wiped off FK 1000p. Applied Wet Obsession Wax, buffed off. Then Used OOS on areas that were difficult to reach. Seat was washed with ONR damped MF and dried.

Before

After just polishing

All Done

Return to “Detailing Forum”