Iridium Graphite

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
LadyRogue

I've decided that I will be one of the newest Rogue owners, hopefully today. I'm torn between Iridium Graphite and Gotham Gray. I was wondering...I see gray and purple tones in the Iridium Graphite. The salesperson says he sees brown in it too. Do any of you see brown in your Iridium Graphite Rogue? It's my favorite, but only because I see gray and purple. I don't want a color that will look brown. I'm weird that way.

jsellberg
Car: '08 rogue iridium graphite sl awd premium

it doesnt look REALLY brown or even brown at all, but you can see very very faint brown/gold tones in the sun. it looks more plum graphite than purple. i chose the iridium graphite because i wanted graphite, not gray. it's a beautiful color and i've gotten a TON of compliments on it. the gotham gray just looks blah to me. :/

boooey

Iridium was too dark for me.

Gotham Gray all the way

rrs26ja
Car: 2008 Rouge, 1998 Maxima

At first I wanted the Iridium Graphhit, but I didn't like the purple in certain light. I got the Gotham Gray and love it. But being a guy, the purple I thought wasn't me. It is a nice color though. You will be happy with the Rogue no matter if you got the Graphite or the Gray....Good luck.

computerguy
Car: 2005 350Z Roadster/2021 ROGUE Platinum AWD

Yes is certain lighting conditions you definitely see brown

gypsylien
Car: Nissan Rogue

My exact thinking as well--On the website, pix looks eggplant/grey, I absolutely luv loved the color--went to the dealership and saw the color sample block (dealership w/ iridium car hard to find) ughh!! It looked dark brown and soooo ugly--no way I wanted that color--then finally found dealership w/ the actual iridium car, and when I saw it....I was pleasantly surprised and pleased. The iridium graphite is a chamelion color--it changes depending on the light. Yes, in bright daylight, it looks light coco-ish w/gray and purplish tones, but in the shade it definitely looks darker, more purplish/grey. Purple being my favorite color, brown not so much, I really like the iridium graphite Rogue, its unique and I highly recommend it. The gotham grey--yeah its an okay color (I like the platinum in the Murano model better) but do you want a color that pretty much is dominating the roads already???

boooey

gypsylien wrote:The gotham grey--yeah its an okay color (I like the platinum in the Murano model better) but do you want a color that pretty much is dominating the roads already???
I personally see very few cars that look like the gotham gray.. maybe a lot of silver cars, but not this shade of gray, and the touch up paint was extremely hard to find which should tell you that its not as common as you say.

are we going to start arguing which is a better color?

common people, lets all just be happy we own Rogues!!

The Rogue is awesome no matter what color you choose

brogue
Car: 2008 Rogue

I considered the Iridium Graphite based on its name, but didn't care for the brownish-purple tones. Also, if you watch "Heroes", Claire's Rogue is Iridium Graphite, and when dirty the brown tones really jump out.

I opted for the Gotham Gray, and I'm happy with it. Then again, I'm a guy.

gypsylien
Car: Nissan Rogue

boooey wrote:
I personally see very few cars that look like the gotham gray.. maybe a lot of silver cars, but not this shade of gray, and the touch up paint was extremely hard to find which should tell you that its not as common as you say.

are we going to start arguing which is a better color?

common people, lets all just be happy we own Rogues!!

The Rogue is awesome no matter what color you choose
Okay, maybe the Gotham gray is not the EXACT color dominating the roads out there, but here in SoCal, every 3rd car is in some form of silver, silver-grey or graphite.....irregardless of the exact shade, I understand why its a popular color, its eye catching, like a new silver dollar. And you're right, I agree that a Rogue is an awesome car, and the iridium graphite isn't necessarily the 'BETTER' choice, I just think its unique, and stands out, whereas the gotham gray just........blends in.

zesty2b
Car: Gotham Gray SL 4WD Sun Roof, Bluetooth, Leather

Iridium Graphite is nice because it is unusual, except back in the 80s there was a purplish hue that they put on Subaru Legacys. Never in the world thought I would own a grey car, but I went for the Gotham Grey in the Rogue because it looks right on that body style and blends well with the gray leather interior. Love the name "Iridium Graphite", though. Gotta luv those marketing experts! My other car is a 1985 Mazda RX7, GSL-SE with the 13B motor and 58K original miles. The color? "Tender Blue".

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Being in WI I'm sure you have noticed how our Gotham Grays seem to look cleaner after a couple weeks of nasty weather. The color can take a lot of salt, ice, sand and other muck without looking filthy......a bit unkept, but not filthy.

Shivering tonight in Ia.

jlsatt00

I was planning to buy either the Gotham Gray or the Iridium Graphite before I purchased my Rogue. After seeing both colors in person, I decided on the Gotham Gray over the Graphite, but then, I saw the Venom Red and fell in love. So...my advice would be to go look at all the color options and check them out in different lights and at different times of day. That is the only way you will know if you like the color or not!

Return to “Rogue Forum”