Ipod sync

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
hollyelaj
Car: FX 50

I have a loaded FX50. I love it but when I first tried my IPOD Nano the car didn't recognize it. The manual says the IPOD needs to have a certain version of Firmware, which mine doesn't, so I went to my dealer to find out about it. I was told that the latest version of Firmware is only necessary for the FX35 & the G's. The salesman used voice recognition to get my car to connect to my IPOD - then no problem. However, today I was listening to it, turned the car off, came back and now my IPOD won't even turn on. I think my car fried my IPOD. Has anyone had this happen to them? I don't want to make a big deal about it if I don't have to but with my new car payment I'm not exactly thrilled to get a new IPOD - - afraid it will happen again. Any advice???

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

First off, welcome to NICOclub, we are glad to have you here.

I have never heard of that being a problem, I am assuming that you had an isolated incident. Hopefully it does not happen again, we would all appreciate you keeping us posted though. Thanks a bunch!

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Search around for recovering "bricked" or locked up iPods. Much of the time you can fix it by pressing certain buttons at the same time. You may end up loosing what was on the iPod, unfortunately, but that's better than having a broken one.

As for the firmware issue, I'd be surprised if the FX50 doesn't require the latest iPod firmware while older models do. If you get your iPod working again, you'll just need to update it through iTunes (when it's connected, click the ipod icon, then there should be an option for "iPod Update" or something similar amongst the other options).

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”