iPod question ... 2006 Infiniti M

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Aztec King
Car: '06 G35 Sport, Black w/ nav and technology package

I have the cable to plug in my Nano to the jacks in the rear of the console but need to know how to get it to play. I can't find anything in the manual that tells me how. I have an '06 M35 w/nav but no rear video.

Jeff

dralison
Car: Infiniti M35X

Try using the Source button on the left side of the steering wheel. Don't have the cables yet for my iPod (waiting on a better solution from Denison) but I believe that should toggle through all of the input audio sources. You will not have control over the iPod from the steering wheel so you will need to have your iPod accessable and start it playing a song to hear anything.

Aztec King

I tried that and I can't get it to work. I figured it would change to Aux. or something but it doesn't. Any other ideas?

M3Vert
Car: M35X

Once you have the iPod plugged in, use the disc button on the dash to get to the DVD menu. On that menu screen, you will see a button on the bottom left that reads "Settings / Aux". Use the left arrow key on the middle dial to navigate to that button. When the button is highlighted, press the middle enter key and you will go to the settings / aux menu. If you do not have a DVD in and the iPod is playing, you should be able to hear it. If there is a DVD on and it is playing, you will have to select AUX on the sub-menu using the enter key again once it is highlighted. With that selected and the iPod playing, you will be able to hear it.

Be sure to keep your iPod volume at about 3/4. From there you can now use the volume on the car to control it. You will still need to select songs using the iPod controls.

Hope this helps,

Steve

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

Yes, unfortunately, Infiniti thought it would be more of a fun thing to run through menus to get to the Aux input. I would hate to be able to get to it using the Mode switch on the steering wheel.

Also, having used an iPod in my M, I would suggest getting the Belkin iPod adapter to use. Auto Kit for iPod w/ Dock Connector Part # F8V7058-APL-BLK http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCa...93794

The sound I got through the HP jack was terrible. The Belkin adapter hooks into the bottom of the iPod and has a volumn control on the HP jack out of the adapter. Sounds great now.

Aztec King

Thanks for the help. I agree, they should make a little easier to do this.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”