iPod Plays Music Slow When Connected via USB

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
Alex's2015Q50
Car: 2015 Infiniti Q50 Premium

Hello,

I'm new to the forum and would like to introduce myself. My name is Alex and I live in Orlando, FL. I've owned many Nissan cars over the years (almost all my cars have been Nissans) and many people have purchased/leased Nissan/Infiniti vehicles due to my love. I recently purchased my first Infiniti, a Q50 Premium. I love the car and am happy to find such a robust source of information for this vehicle. Cheers!

On to the Question:

When I connect my iPod Classic 120GB via USB and play music it often plays at a much slower tempo than normal. I switched out the USB cable for a new one and the issue persists. I then switched to another USB port with the same result. When I reboot the iPod the issue is resolved (always) and then resurfaces intermittently. I can't discern a pattern to narrow down a possible culprit. The iPod is a few years old, but I never had an issue with it in the past. This intermittent annoyance began immediately after switching from my 2012 Maxima SV to my current 2015 Q50. I've researched quite a bit online and called my local dealership in hopes of finding an answer, but haven't heard of anyone reporting the same issue. My hypothesis would be an issue with the vehicle's iPod interface rather than the iPod itself due to the timing of when the issue began. However, I will test with another iPod in hopes of ruling out that possibility. I'll update this post with any information I find.

In the meantime; Thoughts? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

I would do some testing with other I-pods and other cars. However, as I search on another page while typing this, I'm seeing other owners with similar issues. Shuffle and repeat settings get turned off, so-and-so has Led Zepplin playing at double speed, etc. They are blaming it on the "InTouch" software. One user seems to notice the issues with I-pod classic, but not other I-pods. Some say "InTouch" can be updated and it helped them with their I-pods, but they weren't using a classic.

PS - Welcome to the site. We love helping (or trying to help) and entertaining all Nissan enthusiasts!

Alex's2015Q50
Car: 2015 Infiniti Q50 Premium

Thank you for the info and the warm hello. Yes, I've run into many similar information but not quite the issue I have. I'll be sure to keep searching and update this post with any relevant information.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

I've not tried streaming from a ipod, please update the thread if you find a resolution.

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Wow - that's strange.

The only experience I have is using my iPhone, both via bluetooth and the USB (when I need to charge the phone). I have noticed that the system is much slower cycling through tracks when hardwired as opposed to bluetooth, but I haven't noticed anything different with the tempo of the music. I prefer to use my bluetooth whenever possible (pure convenience), but I realize that may not be an option for you.

Keep us posted! Welcome to NICO! Stick around the Q50 forum... we have fun stuff coming!

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”