iPod/iPhone Integration

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
Dejan
Car: 2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible, Luquid Platinum, Monaco Red Leather/Maple Accents

My car came with RCA connectors in center console (the only configuration offered here). So, now I have a problem - how to use my iPod Video 60 GB (my car iPod). My 2004 Audi had a proper iPod charging dock, it would display iPod menus on GPS Display and allow me to control it from the steering wheel. It even worked with my iPhone 4 and my daughter's Nano 3, 4 and 5. My 2010 Infiniti can't do any of these things....ARRRGHHHHH!

So, how did you guys solve this? Is there some kit...from Infiniti or anyone else that will do the above, and not result in a bunch of wires all over the place?

cmesurf
Car: Infinitis, 03 FX35, 07 g35 sedan, 05 FX45, 09 G-vert & 14 Q50S Hybrid AWD

Dejan wrote:My car came with RCA connectors in center console (the only configuration offered here). So, now I have a problem - how to use my iPod Video 60 GB (my car iPod). My 2004 Audi had a proper iPod charging dock, it would display iPod menus on GPS Display and allow me to control it from the steering wheel. It even worked with my iPhone 4 and my daughter's Nano 3, 4 and 5. My 2010 Infiniti can't do any of these things....ARRRGHHHHH!

So, how did you guys solve this? Is there some kit...from Infiniti or anyone else that will do the above, and not result in a bunch of wires all over the place?
you can get : RCA AV Audio Cable Cord For iPod

Dejan
Car: 2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible, Luquid Platinum, Monaco Red Leather/Maple Accents

That would only get me audio out...no charging, no integration with Nav screen, no steering wheel controls, no dock/holder

dentalexel
Car: infiniti g37 convertible, graphite exterior, graphite interior, maple wood, sports package, navigation, tech packages

mine came with a usb port in the middle console to put my ipod in. Didn't yours have this?

Dejan

No, mine has RCA Audio and Video connectors there, plus a 12V lighter socket. So, I can connect anything that has audio (or video) out, but no integration

dentalexel
Car: infiniti g37 convertible, graphite exterior, graphite interior, maple wood, sports package, navigation, tech packages

you must have gotten a different package than I did I guess. There is an adapter that takes your 30 prong adapter and turns it into 3 rca jacks for audio and video.

dentalexel

BTW- Have you figured out any good ways to keep your seatbelt from flopping around?

cmesurf

dentalexel wrote:BTW- Have you figured out any good ways to keep your seatbelt from flopping around?
yes, use seat belt covers like these, I have an extra pair
I have managed to keep the seat belt buckles from hitting sides.

dentalexel

Do they go over the metal or do they hold the belt to the seat?

cmesurf

dentalexel wrote:Do they go over the metal or do they hold the belt to the seat?
these go over the belts, has Velcro along the length and can slide over the seat belt and inside the button strap (seat shoulder), works good, I have used these since I got the the vert in 2009.

dentalexel

How do you order them?

cmesurf

dentalexel wrote:How do you order them?
check your PM, I sent you response...

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

2009 models have the rca jack along with the specialized iphone/ipod cable that will need a special adapter for charging. You will also have the Compact Flash slot

2010 models and up have USB and NO rca a/v jacks. No Compact flash slots

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

Dejan did not buy his car in North America - therefore different build options...

Dejan

That's correct. Had a chat with my dealer here in Kuwait an hour ago, and was told that 'Gulf specification' cars only come with RCA jacks...we don't even have the 30-pin cable that is supposed to come with that setup. So, I am basically screwed. I tried to find out if USB can be retrofitted, but I can't find any info on it, nor could I find a part number for it.

I doubt very much that Nav/Bose is different just for Middle East, so there must be a way to add this, I just need to find out how.

murf72
Car: 2010 G37 Convertible, non-navigation.

No way to have audio and video out on the dashboard display in motion, from iPod/iPhone? My G37 does not have navigation.

bschurr
Car: 2009 G37S 6MT Conv

murf72 wrote:No way to have audio and video out on the dashboard display in motion, from iPod/iPhone? My G37 does not have navigation.
With Navi it is absolutely possible but without Navi, I dont think you can accomplish this. Sorry

iShamsah
Car: G37 S Coupe

Dejan
if you find any way to get the 30-pin installed please let me know ..
i just got a G37S and looking for the same thing ..
i will pass by the dealer and ask there ..
the problem is infiniti dealers in kuwait are stupid ..
i will let u know when ever i find any usefull info ..
and u please do the same ..
good luck ..

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”