Ipod Interface

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
jrosseau
Car: M35 Sport

I did a search and wasn't able to find anything. Has anyone found a true Ipod Interface (that lets you control the IPOD through the factory unit) for the 2006 M yet?

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

jrosseau wrote:I did a search and wasn't able to find anything. Has anyone found a true Ipod Interface (that lets you control the IPOD through the factory unit) for the 2006 M yet?
There is no true Apple/Infiniti interface (yet) that I know of. Although there have been some diy mods that have worked out well! There are threads and pictures here somewhere ... I will look later (gotta go to work!)

Z

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

Yep. Nothing for the M. Sad for a brand new model. The apple site shows "Coming Soon" for Infiniti in their iPOD for your car section.

If you do the E-brake hack, the upcoming Tunecenter (http://griffintechnology.com/products/tunecenter/) from Griffin looks great. I don't expect a true integration on our M. Who knows about the upcoming new G.

I'm just glad that Infiniti didn't try to pass off the tech package audio/video inputs as "iPOD integration" like some other cars are doing. An audio input is great but not integration.

jrosseau
Car: M35 Sport

Just thought i'd let folks know...I've had some communications with Infiniti's consumer affairs office and as it stands they don't even have a projected date to have the ipod interface implemented for the M.

James

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Just another thought I had posted about earlier: zerothread?id=155717

Anyone want to try it and report back?

Z

timinfla2
Car: 2006 M45 Sport, Journey, Tech, Aero

Hey Super, So if I understand correctly, the e-brake hack will allow you to display that cool info on the nav screen at all times?

If so - where would you reccomend mounting that unit? Probably directly behind the center console?

-Tim

timinfla2

Hmm... Another silly question.

Where can I find details regarding the ebrake hack for a 2006 M45 Sport?

-Tim

superjv1080
Car: M45 + FX35

Tim,Here's a forum link to some info on the Nav hack.zerothread?id=133024

I haven't done this but have read many of the posts on the topic. As for mounting, that's a problem considering the mount for the TuneCenter. I think there is a remote for it. But as a concept, the TuneCenterand the Nav hack should allow for visual info from the TuneCenter.

This would not allow iPod control through the cars standard audio controls. You'd still have to push the buttons on the iPod or use a remote to the iPod.

timinfla2

Great info Super - Thank you!

-Tim

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”