iPod interface question

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
xterrajack
Car: Xterra

I have a question about the iPod interface system for the 2009 Rogue. I see that the Maxima has a very slick interface where you can plug your ipod into a USB port and then control your iPod through a touch screen on the dashboard. The Maxima manual offers instructions on how to use it. What I want to know is, does the Xterra have the same option? I don't see any mention of it in the Rogue manual. It looks like you can purchase the iPod interface as an 'add-on', but (a) does it work the same way as it does in the Maxima and (b) does it have the same smooth display screen? Thanks.

philipa_240sx

I would post this in the Nissan Trucks Forum. zeroforum?id=36

But to answer your question:

The Maxima (and Murano) iPod interface is unique and from what I see cannot be added to another Nissan.

There is an OEM Nissan accessory iPod interface, but it does not have touch screen capabilities. The interface is quite simple with song/album/artist name display and iPod control via the radio's buttons and/or steering wheel controls.

Note: It OEM iPod interface works with most Nissan radio's that has the SAT radio option and/or 6CD changer. These SAT enabled radios have an accessory port that the iPod interface will plug into. If you have a base model radio, it likely does not have SAT radio capabilities and you are out of luck.

The OEM interface is available from the dealer or one of our many site sponsors on the RH sidebar.

xterrajack
Car: Xterra

Thanks, that's very helpful

nismo1

I'm sorry, but you guys really need to be careful where you get your parts from!! Factoryipod.com is just buying and selling Nissn harnesses and interfaces, and at a higher price then dealers also!! Those harnesses only list out for $31.00 and the interfaces list for $165.00. You can also find discounts if you look online!! Just trying to help out!! -Jamie

philipa_240sx

My apologies for posting a link to a non NICO sponsor. I have removed it.

The iPod interface is a dealer available accessory. Please refer to one of our site sponsors (on the RH sidebar) selling Nissan OEM parts for pricing and availability. You need to purchase the appropriate interface/gateway (There are a few types) and the harness (one goes from the interface to the radio, a second optional harness goes to the optional sat radio).

Return to “Rogue Forum”