iPod adapter cable....other cables?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

I dont have an iPod and I dont want to use an ipod. THe cable that comes with the EX35 makes it seem as if Infiniti makes other adapter cables for other players? I mean, if the system only worked with an iPod, wouldn't they just hardwire the cable in? ANd why wasn't it just USB in the first place?

Dodgeyaussie

If you want to use other mp3 players use the composite RCA inputs with the appropriate adapter.

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

That's not really the point. If they provided an interchangeable plug like that one would expect to see other adapter cables. All that cable really does is correspond to the forward, back, stop, play, up down left right nav buttons that the iPod has. last time I checked a lot of other DMPs had the same buttons so it would follow that you could get a cable that interchanges with other major players like Zune, Zen, Sansa, iRiver. Hopefully the aftermarket will step up and make such cables.

The composite inputs are the lowest common denominator and really a slap in the face to the rest of us who have perfectly capable players that simply lack an Apple logo on them.

Heck even Ford's Sync system interacts with multiple players better than this.

If I had the pinout for that plug I'd make my own.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”