IPOD 2010 Murano SL, HELP!!!!

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
jennmueller07
Car: 2010 Nissan Murano SL

How do I connect my IPOD to my 2010 Murano SL???

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

jennmueller07 wrote:How do I connect my IPOD to my 2010 Murano SL???
Hey Jenn, welcome to NICOclub! Glad to have you here in the Murano Forum.

Do you know if you have the iPod Interface on your Murano? In the center console there would be a small square-ish outlet that you would connect your iPod/Phone to using the supplied cable (that would have came with your vehicle). If you have the interface, it is as simple as that. Let us know if this helps!

09PGM

I read a post by someone who just bought a 2010 SL and complained how this wasn't standard for that model year. I couldn't believe it so I double checked nissan's site and the LE is the only model that comes standard with the interface. I can't believe you could have gotten this great feature with the 360 pkg on the 09s but not on the 2010. Anyways, the only way to connect it would be thru the AUX input if the car comes equipped as such.

rflor

This is correct. I just bought a 2010 SL AWD loaded with every possible feature, and the iPod connector is not available. AUX only.

kayelbee
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano LE

oh thank god for this forum! I just discovered you guys after a year of trying to A) find the stupid Ipod jack, and B) remember to go on the net and research how to find the stupid Ipod jack!

Have an 09 SE with no jack in the console---do I plug it into the aux jacks behind the console and will that run through the stereo?

Thanks for all the help--just saw info on doing the MOD to allow for DVD play during a trip---I'm too scared to do that myself, but will be working on the husband to try it out!

jayhawk
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano SL AWD, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, Datsun 240Z

Yes, the RCA jacks behind the console are where you plug your iPod into. You will need a 3.5mm jack to RCA red and white for audio.

--jayhawk

alan14
Car: nissan murano

How can the ipod interface with the screen? I would like to be able to see the songs and control them from the screen. Is that possible with the Murano SL?

jayhawk
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano SL AWD, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, Datsun 240Z

I don't know about the 2010 SL, but after studying the wiring diagrams on the 2009 Murano, I have concluded that adding iPod control to an SL is technically feasible, but not worth the effort. I doubt the 2010 is any different.

I'm sure the hardware (the AV Control Unit) would recognize an iPod once it is plugged into it (because it is the same A/V Unit as in the LE) but the wiring is the issue. The SL is NOT prewired for an iPod adapter (the small box installed in an LE and the box that is in the GTR kit for the GTR). If you bought the iPod Adapter and cables that connect it to an iPod you are only partway there. After that you would need to (according to the wiring diagram in the 2009 Service Manual for an SL with NAV):

1. buy connector M148 that the iPod Adapter plugs into.2. run 4 separate wires from pins 1, 2, 13, and 14 on M148 to appropriate pins on connector M147 on the back of the AV Control Unit.3. install some kind of "shield" to a pin on connector M147. 4. run two wires from pins 4 and 16 on M148 to the Multifunction Switch. But the wiring diagram does not show where they connect - it looks like they splice into other wires going to the Multifunction Switch. I think this needs someone who knows better how to read the symbols on the wiring diagram.5. run a wire from pin 5 of M148 to the wire from the battery to the AV Control Unit. Again, I cannot tell where that wire is or how to tie into it.6. run a wire from pin 3 of M148 to a wire from the ignition switch to pins 7 and 25 of the AV Control Unit.

All of this rests on the very tenuous assumption that I am reading the wiring diagram correctly. I once was a rocket engineer, but have never been an electronics tech. And the engineer part was a LONG time ago.

Frankly I think I could make this work with enough effort (and help from a Electrical Engineer), but I have concluded its easier just to control the iPod from the iPod. And besides, we LOVE the Music Box and have ripped most of our old CD collection to it by now - plus some titles burned from iTunes to a CD.

--jayhawk

klcg35
Car: g35

as long as you have a cat/sat or ch button you are good to go with an adapter from icarkits

I have one put in my g35 + the new bluetooth adapter..so sick..streaming a2dp audio ..or connected...handsfree calling..

LEGIT!

MsMurano2009
Car: Nissan Murano SL AWD 2009

I have a 2009 Murano SL and currently have my Ipod Classic hooked up by a composite cable that I plug into the back of the Center Console where the 3 inputs are located (red, yellow, white). I am able to play music from my Ipod Classic and control the volume on the stereo, but not able to use the touch screen located in my dashboard to select music. So, I have to fumble with the Ipod Classic while in the car. Is there a way to get the music selections to display on the dashboard screen? Also, I now have an Iphone 4 which is connected bluetooth to my car and controlled on the steering wheel or on the dashboard screen, but was wondering if I can connect my Iphone 4 to play my music on the dashboard?

I will be getting a 2012 Nissan Murano SL in a few months and wonder if they have changed any of this? My husband's mini cooper is Ipod/Iphone integrated to his dashboard screen. I would love to be able to do this. Any input would be great!

Return to “Murano Forum”