iphone

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
ikeleo
Car: ex35

I'm planning to buy a new FX or EX. I was told that that it is not possible to use an iphone as the music source for the USB connection and as the phone for bluetooth at the same time. Is this true?

If so, is it possible to listen to songs on the iphone using the steering wheel controls, and also use at as a phone via bluetooth? Or do I need to keep my music on a seperate mp3 player.Also, is it possible to listen to internet radio (Pandora) via USB or Bluetooth?

Thanks

spike2000
Car: FX-35 2010

Hello ikeleo,

I have a 2010 FX-35 and find that it has a quirky connection with the iphone. I have discussed this with 2 different Infinity dealerships. Their response is that the FX-35 is not designed to work with the iPhone and, therefore, they offer no help and no information.

I have discovered that I can stream music from my iPhone via the streaming bluetooth connection which is very nice. However, when doing so, the phone temporarily shuts down the streaming bluetooth signal whenever a call is made and resumes at the completion of the call. Personally, I do not consider this a hardship...I would have to turn down the music in order to take the phone call...but then I am not good at audio multitasking.

Frankly, I would discourage anyone from purchasing an Infinity. I loved the car when I first got it. However, the car has intermittent problems with the GPS unit freezing or randomly restarting and the passenger seat climate control system works intermittently. I have had the car in for service three times and have been told that there is nothing wrong with the new FX-35 despite my having dozens of iPhone videos documenting the problem. Additionally, I have had to have the radiator replaced due to a leak with less than 2,000 miles on the vehicle.

I cannot fault Infinity or any other car manufacturer for making a bad car every now and then. However, it's how they handle what is clearly their mistake in selling a bad car to an unsuspecting purchaser. I have been frustrated and inconvenienced and made to feel like there was something wrong with me because I expect a new car to work.

I strongly suspect the there is a system wide flaw in the relationship between Infiniti dealerships and Infiniti USA that punishes Infiniti dealerships for performing needed warranty repairs without meeting absurdly strict standards as set by Infiniti USA. In essence, despite my having ample video evidence of recurring problems, Infiniti USA will not reimburse the dealerships for their work on intermittent problems and therefore, the dealerships will not perform the work under warranty leaving me with a brand new broken car.

I am very disappointed in Infinity USA and the warranty repair system that they have set up in the US. I sincerely believe that Infiniti USA has no understanding of or interest in creating a luxury car buying experience.

At this point, even if Infinit finally fixes my intermittent problems, it has been such a frustrating experience that I can never enjoy this still new FX-35. I have owned BMWs and Acuras. I sincerely regret not purchasing another MDX which is a spectacular SUV from a spectacular company. My last car was an Acura MDX that had 135,000 miles. It still looked like new inside and out and it drove like it was new. I never had a problem with the MDX until 89,000 miles when the transmission needed replacement. And I should never have traded it for an Infiniti.

I hope this helps you.

Best of luck with your purchasing decision.

OneOfOne

its INFINITI not infinity. jeez thats almost as annoying as you coming to an INFINITI forum and telling us not to buy or lease INFINITI. go back your acuras. they surely could use the suckers, I mean, customers.

J-Owner
Car: 2010 FX35 owner and former owner of an '05 G35 Coupe and a '95 J30T.

My iphone works perfectly with the FX. I keep an ipod connected in the storage bin so I have no need to use my iphone as an ipod thus no issues with bluetooth phone disruption.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”