Introduction

General discussion forum about all things Datsun! NOTE: If your thread is specific to a certain model, please make sure you post it in the proper forum.
pederneil
Car: 1963 Datsun 320 Pickup

Hello All,

Just registered, and thought I'd introduce myself to the forum. My name is Neil. I live in Porterville, in the Central Valley, California, and am a proud owner of a 1963 L320. It's mostly original (12 volt alternator, and a re-geared rear) and runs pretty good. I haven't won any drag races with it, but I have hauled plenty of pianos, engines, and loads of scrap metal (including one time where I had a 1000 lbs in the back and drove 2 miles with the e-brake on!).

I registered on this board because I was looking for someone who could identify a set of SU carbs and manifold that I was told were for my truck. After a little investigation, it seems that they probably don't fit my E1, but they are definitely for some type of Datsun/Nissan. Is there anyone here who knows anything about these carbs? I'm trying to find out where I should post them for sale. I obviously can't use them, but somebody, somewhere can.

Thanks in advance,

Neil

IMH

Post a picture of the carbs and manifold.

phlebmaster
Car: 1973 240z L26 4spd rip roar and ready to go!

welcome...and pics are necessary to help you with ID.

pederneil
Car: 1963 Datsun 320 Pickup

Sorry about the untimely reply. I think I may have found out what the carbs are for. I'm afraid I might have wasted your time because it appears that they are for an MG/Austin Healey. I think the carbs are the HS2 model. I've taken a few pictures. There are 3 bolt holes. There is a similar SU carburetor made for Datsun but it has 4 holes.

I guess I'm going to have to join another forum! I really want to get these carbs and manifold to someone who can use them. It doesn't make sense for me to keep them.

While I'm posting pictures, here is one of my truck. Guess what's in the box.

Thanks again for the help,

Neil

phlebmaster
Car: 1973 240z L26 4spd rip roar and ready to go!

Nice truck.

I am glad you found out what the carbs are for.

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

Definitely looks like a hat box, so I'm gonna say a hat.

Return to “Datsun Chat”