introduction...

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
tatanka
Car: m45 sport, journey, tech, chromes

hi all,

just wanted to introduce myself. my name's zach. i live in los angeles. i just bought a used 06 m45 (with about 11.9k miles) after turning in my lease on a bmw 330i. the m is awesome... came with journey, tech and has chrome rims. it's umbria gray on stone. the previous owner was a smoker, so there are a few nits on the inside and some residual smell, but i'm going to get it as clean as possible. anyone have suggestions for getting the smell out fast?

anyway, this car is absolutely my dream come true, and i can't wait to get some time behind the wheel.

i'm also interested in adding an ipod connection. any ideas for best methods and price? thanks!!!!

zach

ps... i have a tradition going back to high school where me and my friends would give our vehicles a name... so i think my new m is going to be tatanka, since it reminds me of a buffalo for some reason. anyone else have a nickname for their wheels?

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

WOW, that's gorgeous!

Tatanka = some native american tribe's word for buffalo... See "Dances With Wolves".

Most of us here have named our cars as well - Especially the Q45 guys.

I'd recommend replacing the in-cabin air filter, then a liberal spraying of Febreeze (good stuff) on carpet and upholstery, and a good cleaning of the leather with Lexol. No more smoke smell.

Welcome aboard, and post more pics of that gorgeous M!!!

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

Welcome to our humble abode Zach.. Congrats on your purchase of the M, i bet youll love it.

I mirror what Greg said, hes pretty good with that detailing stuff.....

Personally I would start out by wiping everything with a damp cloth, and i would even mist the headliner with water and wipe it, not much water, just a little... Then febreeze it and let it air out..... that is if you have a garage that you can do that with.

Pashdut
Car: 06' M35

WELCOME......i posted a thread on iPod and the M....you can use the search option to find it.

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

tatanka wrote:just wanted to introduce myself. my name's zach. i live in los angeles.
Welcome to NICO!
tatanka wrote:the previous owner was a smoker, so there are a few nits on the inside and some residual smell, but i'm going to get it as clean as possible. anyone have suggestions for getting the smell out fast?
Greg's (AZhitman) recommendation for Lexol is the way to go! This is awesome stuff for cleaning leather and removing smells that are in the seats.
tatanka wrote:i'm also interested in adding an ipod connection. any ideas for best methods and price? thanks!!!!
Besides the other recommendations, also check this out: zerothread?id=155717. I have no idea if it works, but seems to be worth a look!

Z

maxnix
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45
1995 Infiniti Q45t
2000 Infiniti Q45

Might try the HVAC cleaner at http://www.bgprod.com to get tar off the mixer box and vent ducting.

More pictures, please.

tatanka

thanks for the responses, y'all. i just got the ipod installation today. awesome.

here are some more pics.

tatanka

tatanka

tatanka

is changing the in cabin air filter something i can do on my own?

if so, can you please tell me how to do it?

thanks!

zach

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”