Intrax springs...opinions?

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Eswift
Car: should be obvious enough

does anyone with either a Q45/J30/G20 have intrax springs installed, or have any opinions about them? if anyone has aftermarket springs, did you put new struts in as well? any advice would be greatly appreciated!

911/Q45
Car: Autos, Fitness

I installed the Eibach springs at the same time as the Tokico blue shocks and have been very pleased with the results on my Q45.

Stoneage_Turbo
Car: just about anything

ill be placeing intrax springs on my G when i get home , ill keep everyone posted

Eswift

cool stoneage, let us know how it works out! im eager to hear the results!

EWT

I don't have any experience with them on Q45s specifically, but in general, their "bolt on" springs lower cars far too much, leaving the car bouncing off the bumpstops as it goes down the street, and bottoming out the suspension travel on corners, neither of which are positive things. I actually have a set of their coilovers on my Supra, which are nice units, but I'd avoid their springs and stick with Eibach.

Eswift

unfortunately, eibach does not make springs for the J30, otherwise i would obviously go for that. is there anyone besides intrax that makes springs for the j30?

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

Eswift wrote:unfortunately, eibach does not make springs for the J30, otherwise i would obviously go for that. is there anyone besides intrax that makes springs for the j30?

http://www.coilsprings.comThey made mine. It was pretty cheap to. About $300 for everything. Call them because they don't respond to email very quickly. If you have any problems with contacting them or installation shoot me an email.

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

Just remember that all the test done by Tire Rack resulted in only a 3% improvement in lap times regardless of the mix and match of tires , shocks, swaybars, shock settings [soft to firm], etc.

With lots of tuning and track/slalom /skid pad time you might be able to squeeze up to 4%......expensive coil overs have the best chance of get it maximized.

Luckily the J/G/Q were biased towards the good ride side so springs, adjustable shocks, and just the right rear bar might, along with bushings on really really good tires might approch 5% with the blessings of the suspension gods.

Try new stiffer shocks, rear bars and strut tower braces before commiting to springs as all of the above are complementary.

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

Q45tech wrote:Try new stiffer shocks, rear bars and strut tower braces before commiting to springs as all of the above are complementary.

Problem is that there is not a selection of struts or bars for the J. Everything has to be made custom. As Diamond has made the sway bars and Koni's and I've had the springs. I don't know if any strut tower could fit up front, it's possible in the rear though. I'll have to look at it again. If I remember right, there was lots of room in the rear around the fuel tank.

Return to “General Chat”