InTouch Issues

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
demandedace

Hi, all.

I apologize because I am SURE this has been answered to death, but after several days of searching here, the web, and mostly infinitiq50.org which has me confused. I know that there were stability problems/slowness/locking up with 2014 Q50 systems, but from a lot of the posts that I have seen, future updates were supposed to resolved these. However, other searches turned up that only mid/late 2015 models and later are truly fixed, and they have a better processor to boot (more helpful for responsiveness), plus backup lines on the camera.

Can anyone clear this up for me? If I were to get a 2014 would it still have the issues, or would they be resolved now? Or, is the 2015 that much better of a system? I'm currently driving a 370z (had a 350z and G37 sedan in the past) but am likely looking to move to the Q50 within the next few months or so, but I want to do my due diligence ahead of time.

Thanks in advance, and sorry to repost this question.

demandedace

I can't seem to find the "Edit" button here, but I did want to add that I am pretty confident that the 2014s will all still have issues due to the less powerful processor (regardless of updates). This is really just me seeking confirmation so that I can narrow my search parameters moving forward (the market is pretty flooded with 2014s currently)

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

Welcome aboard!

Unfortunately, the major bottle-neck in the 2014s was hardware and not software. There is no way to rectify this, and I'm not sure if you could get a MY2015 unit and swap in.

Also - having witnessed it, it's bad. Like a solid minute or two from starting up before it's fully ready to use. Doesn't sound like a lot on paper, but when you're a mile down the road and your infotainment is still loading, it's cumbersome.

demandedace

Just saw your reply, thanks for chiming in! That's what I figured, I'll limit my searches to 2015+ from here on out. I'm still leary of the drive-by-wire system but I'm so infatuated with everything else about the car that I may just have to suck it up haha

RicerX
Car: '20 Titan Pro4X

My 2015 Q50S RWD was the perfect setup - I had the bare bones sports package (I added the rays wheels package later) with regular steering. Was tough to find but I got lucky. I miss it, but lifestyle needs changed with the addition of kids and a house with some land and I went the truck route.

Hands down, Infiniti offered the absolute best ownership experience of any car I've had, including my Nissans. It could be that my local Infiniti service dept was a small town setup and they treated me exceptionally well even though I didn't get my car from them.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”