Internal Wastegate

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
encasemyheart

I am purchasing a t3/t04e turbo w/ manifold soon and I am also going with the Tial 38mm wastegate. I have noticed they have internally gated t04e hybrids and was wondering the feasibility of using one of these...

I will be running probably 15 or so psi, will an internal work for me? I wonder because I don't see why they would make it internally gated if it wouldn't work, you know what I'm saying?

Most likely I am going external, which is better in all cases except price, but internal would be alot simpler and $240 cheaper...

WDRacing
Car: 95 240SX, 99 BMW 540i, 01 Chevy Express, 14 Ford Escape

It would work...

KApwr

encasemyheart wrote:I am purchasing a t3/t04e turbo w/ manifold soon and I am also going with the Tial 38mm wastegate. I have noticed they have internally gated t04e hybrids and was wondering the feasibility of using one of these...

I will be running probably 15 or so psi, will an internal work for me? I wonder because I don't see why they would make it internally gated if it wouldn't work, you know what I'm saying?

Most likely I am going external, which is better in all cases except price, but internal would be alot simpler and $240 cheaper...

An internal WG will work fine and is simpler but the drawbacks are boost creep, inefficient WG discharge, and power loss.

encasemyheart

Yeah I know the drawbacks, I'm most worried about boost creep. I guess I'll go ahead and go external, it makes more sense.

38mm HP Tial here I come!! Thanks for the replies guys.

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”